Project: D'ni Mechanical Area

An Open Content Development Team For Myst Online: Uru Live Again And Compatible Fan Shards

Moderator: OSCAR Managers

andylegate

Project: D'ni Mechanical Area

Post by andylegate »

Just over a year ago, I was playing around in Blender and got an idea. Actually, I was messing around with a torus (doughnut) and an idea for an area hit me. I began to edit and make things for it.

The idea was to have some sort of D'ni Mechanical area. Either somewhere in the Cavern, or it could be in another Age. I wanted it to look vaguely (vaguely mind you) like the power room that is below the giant golden dome in Riven.

Here are some snap shots of what I had done (it's been exported over to Max 7)

I was setting up a waveset for water, with a catwalk that goes around the outer circumferance .

Then I stopped working on it as other things came up, and other projects became important.

I still have several projects that are priority (and not personal ones), but I normally stop working on them come evening time, and try to turn towards one of my own personal projects.
As I was browsing, I came across this, and thought it might be a good thing to donate here, and get some ideas, opinions, suggestions from anyone here. I can even set it up to share the file to work from.

All ideas are welcomed.

-Andy
Nye_Sigismund

Re: Project: D'ni Mechanical Area

Post by Nye_Sigismund »

Looks like a good start, certainly. Like Sanctuary, I'd be happy to see what I can do in terms of getting it looking a bit fancier graphically.
Huw Dawson
Team Member
Team OSCAR
andylegate

Post by andylegate »

Here is a link to download the max file (it's zipped up with the .age file and the 2 textures that were used in it):

Strange.zip
Nathan2055

Post by Nathan2055 »

That looks great, Andy! Having played Riven, I can see the slight resemblance. Keep up the good work!
Nathan2055 (01307567) or Nathan2055_ (KI number pending) on MO:ULagain
andylegate

Post by andylegate »

Thanks. This is just a "Doodle" however. I've not worked on it in over a year. I could most likely mess with it again, but wanted to donate it here, just in case someone wanted to work on something that has already been started (sometimes the hardest part of Age creation, is just getting started and having something to work with).

Return to “OSCAR - Open Source Creation and Restoration”