Proposal: OHBot(v2)

Community Forum Of The New Greeters

Moderator: New Greeters Managers

TomVal

Proposal: OHBot(v2)

Post by TomVal »

I think many of us remember OHBot. This "guy" was a great help, amusement, but sometimes an annoyance (at least for some). I think o bot like this should be in GOG hood to help.

First of all, it could provide automatd translation (not sure of that since Google's going to charge for use of Translate)

It could provide basic info, including stuff presented on GOG imager.

It could keep track of greeters on duty.

It could keep track of non-English greeters and national hoods.

But its "amusement" abilities should be limited a bit compared to original OHBot.

If anyone could provide a machine OHBot(v2) could run on, it would be really great.
Trekluver

Re: Proposal: OHBot(v2)

Post by Trekluver »

This is a pretty good idea. However, I'm not sure OHB wants to outsource the software. I'll have to ask him about it to make sure.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Actually, I can pretty much guarantee OHB won't give out the coding, as that's all his work. As I recall, he asked and set up a special deal with Cyan to allow OHBot in the cavern. As far as reactivating OHBot, he's told me he's not interested at the moment, but that's not to say it won't happen sometime in the future. Plus, someone else could develop a new bot on their own if they wanted, but they'd have to have a chat with Cyan legal before implementing it.

I HAVE made mention to him that, if he WERE to bring OHBot back, he (as an explorer OR GoG Greeter) and the bot would be welcome in the GoG hood while the GoNG is there. ;)
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
Marten

Post by Marten »

OHB might be enticed with donations for the purchase of, or the direct donation of, a new/refurbished computer.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Here's the official answer from OHB on this:
As for OHBot...I can't release that code either, I'm afraid. Cyan won't allow you to run the bot either.
So it's a licensing issue on his end, as well as Cyan's. I guess for now anyways there will be no Greeter Bot.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Return to “New Greeters”