Next New Greeters Meeting

Community Forum Of The New Greeters

Moderator: New Greeters Managers

Trekluver

Next New Greeters Meeting

Post by Trekluver »

Hi guys,

I'd like to go ahead and plan the next New Greeters meeting, but I'm not sure of a date and I'd love it if everyone could attend. Our topics of discussion will be on our leadership, and include: whether or not to add a "Cavern Administrator" to over see in cavern greeting when I'm not around and voting on whether or not to keep me on as the head New Greeters administrator. We will also discuss ways to improve our reach and effectiveness and talk about possible partnerships with other guilds.

If you haven't taken much notice, I've mostly taken a backseat for a while from the cavern so I could take a breather and because life kind of picked up again after the holidays. Please forgive me for that. Hopefully I'll be getting back into the swing of things again soon. (Besides, ADBMM is coming up. I'm hoping the New Greeters would like to sponsor it!)

So if everyone could comment and let me know what times would be good for you, that would be great. I know nobody made it last time (It was kind of a fail meeting if you ask me.), so let's try and make this one worth it. Thank you.

P.S. - For everyone else, feel free to chime in too. Even if you're not a New Greeter, we'd love to have you attend!
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
C.J.Herkeless

Re: Next New Greeters Meeting

Post by C.J.Herkeless »

Sounds good, and I can probably work with whatever time is best for everyone else.

Where would the meeting be though?
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

It will be in the Guild of Greeters Hood and our IRC chat.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Any time after 3PM Central on weekdays or all day on weekends is good for me. Keep me posted!
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Ok guys,

If all goes well, we will be having our next meeting on Friday, March 16th, at 3:30 PM EDT, otherwise known as 12:30 KI time. We will be meeting exclusively in our [url=irc://irc.mibbit.net/newgreeters]IRC chat room[/url] (Alternate Link). If you want to use an IRC application instead, connect to "irc.mibbit.net" and enter the room #newgreeters to join. Everyone is invited to join, even if you're not a guild member. If this date is not possible for you please let me know; if possible I'd love for every New Greeter to attend.

Thanks everybody, see you Friday.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Just FYI, KI time is 1:30 if your start time is 3:30 EST. I edited your GoMe news post accordingly, unless you wanted it to be 2:30 EST? Anyway, just letting you know.
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Oops, sorry about that. I guess I didn't compensate for Daylight Savings when I read the PodClock times. Thank Doobes.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Wait, are you saying that Pod Clock displays something incorrectly (requires you to “compensate” for anything)? If so, I’d appreciate a bug report. It looks correct here though.

3:30 PM EST is indeed 13:30 KI, however I’m not sure if anyone is actually observing EST at this time. Most if not all of the east coast should be on EDT now, and 3:30 PM EDT is 12:30 KI. (These KI times are valid for MOULa, not for Gehn and possibly other shards that use a recent H-uru client, where DST rules have already been fixed.)
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Indeed, this is where I got it off. PodClock displayed EST when it's actually EDT. I'm glad you pointed it our to me because I always get the names confused. However, and regardless, PodClock gave me times that would be correct if daylight savings time was still being observed. (It just ended this past Sunday.) Where do I submit a bug ticket or is this enough information for you?

Return to “New Greeters”