Minkata Update 2021.03.27 (targeted for April 2021 MOULa update)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Minkata Update 2021.03.27 (targeted for April 2021 MOULa update)

Post by rarified »

Another set of updates in the first message of this topic.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

rarified wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 pm He indicated that since most of the Uru releases were so close that he didn't feel there would be issues migrating asset features from CC to MOUL.
Cool :D Here it is ! Like I said, it's in the CC format since that's the only version I can test it on.
rarified wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 pm It would be a different story in moving assets from other Myst releases into MOUL.
Oh, definitely. We took a lot of liberties when modding CC, but it's normal for things to be more restrictive when it comes to Cyan's official server :lol:
It's good to know we have a bit of leeway when working between CC and MOUL though.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Ehren wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:36 am Hey, just so you guys know, at the Watcher's Pub the textures for "Share Book" and the Yeesha symbol on the Er'cana and Ahnonay Cathedral books are backwards on the in-age objects themselves (i.e. not the GUI pop-ups).
Fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out!
In addition to this, one of the five hanging lamps on the top floor doesn't have a swinging animation like the other ones do.
Yup, looks like it *had* the animation, but not the animation mod to "make it go". Also fixed.

I pushed the updated files to GitHub, so rarified can pick them up at any time.
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
rarified

Post by rarified »

The updates keep coming. Some additional improvements in large/wide display or window resolutions. See first topic.

_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I have been trying to forward marker missions from an avvie in one of my Minkata Prime accounts to an avvie in my other account, but they didn't get through. So I tried test Ki messages and they aren't working either. I have tried messages in both directions. I was using the latest update but I don't know when Ki messages stopped working. I have posted this on Discord but haven't submitted a ticket.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
catherwood

Post by catherwood »

took the new areas for a spin today.

New to me: Serene -- there was a spot where I thought I should be able to walk between a tree and a rock but it would not let me pass. (I took a pic, just not sure how to offload it). Not a big deal, wasn't stuck, just had to walk around.

Tre'vbdvl whatever (sorry!) Tre'bivdil -- A few comments...
There is a bench which would be a prime spot to sit but it is not an active hotspot for such an action.
There is a descending staircase which *looks* like it goes deeper than one flight, but after going down them I cannot do more than turn to face the 2nd flight of steps. Is that as intended?
There is a ladder where my shadow is projected onto a side wall but the ladder casts no shadow. It's just creepy. I think it was in the pit with some grass and stones?
00292608 on MOULa now 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

catherwood wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:48 pm There is a bench which would be a prime spot to sit but it is not an active hotspot for such an action.
The benches both work fine for me, for the one next to the big tree you have to click from the ledge side (you sit down facing away from the tree).
catherwood wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:48 pm There is a descending staircase which *looks* like it goes deeper than one flight, but after going down them I cannot do more than turn to face the 2nd flight of steps. Is that as intended?
I think it's intended since I recall the second staircase leading to a dark dead end that could get disorienting. I think it would work better with a blockade of some sort there.

Doobes wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 pm Fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out!
Looks good!
catherwood

Post by catherwood »

Ehren wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:07 am I think it would work better with a blockade of some sort there.
This was my thought too. Nothing about that hallway looks like I could not walk there in real life. It breaks immersion to think about invisible collision planes. Add either a sawhorse or rubble, or perhaps a velvet rope in keeping with the museum premise. (And yes, i realize it steps onto the vision of the maker, but i hope constructive critism can be accepted if it improves the experience.)

Also on Tre'Bivdil, the title sign at the link-in spot seems to have a grammatical error. "On a (blah blah) lie stark ... cubes lie housing essences..." -- I think the second "lie" needs to be deleted.

My D'ni reading skill is nonexistant, but does the lettering end in a double L? It looks like "...dill" to me. Maybe that's a translation thing, but it feels inconsistent to this layperson.

Oh, other thoughts. The "fix" for the lighting issue for closing the Relto shades is disappointing to me, only because now I see no difference between open and shut windows. If i'm told to look for it, i can barely notice that my shadow casts on the floor differently. It's still better than utter darkness, but there might be some pushback when people lose their mood lighting.

I haven't noticed any lingering fog issues.
00292608 on MOULa now 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
rarified

Post by rarified »

The final update for this MOULa update has been installed on Minkata! See the first post for Update 5 information.

_R
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but since there seems to be a delay getting the update to the MOULa server, and since I've discovered something important...

ChisoPreniv.fni is corrupt or at least not in the correct format, I even tried deleting it so it would be re-downloaded from the server, and it is still corrupt. It seems to function in essence the same as if the age had no fni file at all. This is why the fog persists from Serene.

It seems that ChisoPreniv.fni isn't in the "whatdoyousee" format. I admit I don't understand a whole lot about that, but what I do know is that I can open ChisoPreniv.fni in Windows Notepad and read it clearly, whereas functional fni files can't be read correctly by Windows Notepad and instead you can just see "whatdoyousee" followed by a bunch of gibberish characters. So that in itself seems to point to a lack of proper encrypting.

Note that the current version of the GreatTreePub.fni has the exact same values set for its fog, but the file is a different size and Uru loads it correctly.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”