Error on Loading

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

4runner

Error on Loading

Post by 4runner »

Hi All,
I have been playing in the past. Now when I try loading Minkata, I get an error 'File not found on server: Data\External\Minkata.csv.gz". I copied the recent 1.912 ver to the dat file. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I checked the Minkata.csv file in data, it had 0 bytes. So I went into Moula and copied that file which had 80 bytes to Minkata data. Once it got finished updating, I still got that error. I checked the file again, and it was down to 0 bytes again.
Lyrositor

Re: Error on Loading

Post by Lyrositor »

I don't think Minkata was updated to match the latest data sets yet... But I'm not sure. Maybe this is just the odd glitch.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I'm not certain on the Minkata status with the latest MOULa update, but in general you should not automatically copy over updated MOULa files to the Minkata, or any, shard. You should first wait for word from the shard runners that they have updated the shard. Different shards will be in different states of versioning. Shards do not automatically synchronize with MOULa or each other.

I suspect that we were waiting for Cyan to push their code update to the CWE and MOULSCRIPT repos before updating Minkata. They did this yesterday. Today, Christian has also pushed those changes to the *-ou repos, including Minkata. So wait for word, which should come soon, and your install should then work. If you have any zero-length files, copy those files over again.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I believe that rarified had been holding back waiting on Cyan pushing back their updated client files but was intending to update the Minkata shard to use the 1.912 data files this weekend anyway (see rarified's post).

Expect an announcement later today :) .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Mac_Fife wrote:Expect an announcement later today :) .
An announcement has been posted here 8-)

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Marten

Post by Marten »

Despite that according to the announcement, the Minkata shard should now be once again using the same data set as MOUL, I am finding that my Minkata.csv file is being zeroed out when trying to launch the Minkata client.

I have:
* Deleted TOS.txt and Minkata.csv from my MOUL install
* Launched MOUL to ensure that Minkata.csv is recreated
* Copied Minkata.csv to my Minkata install
* Launched Minkata
* I get the error message that Minkata.csv.gz is not on the server - and when I check, sure enough, my MInkata.csv file has been zeroed.

Therefore, I can only conclude that the manifest for Minkata is not actually 100% synced with the files that should be coming from MOUL at this time.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Not until after tonight's downtime, Marten ;)
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Marten

Post by Marten »

Argh. I thought the announcement meant it was done, not about when it was going to be done. :)

Thanks! :lol: :oops:
The music is reversible, but time is not.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Haha, interestingly I've thought that too although it is announced explicitly correct lol ... :lol:

Welcome back, Marten, great to hear from you again ... Time is an illusion btw ... /wave ... :D
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Reminds me of the M*A*S*H episode where Hawkeye and Trapper are defusing a bomb, using an instruction manual read by Henry from a distance, that landed in the camp.

<Henry reads instructions>
<Hawkeye and Trapper proceed>
<Henry says to cut a wire>
<They cut a wire>
<Henry reads the next instruction which says "But first...">
<Bomb explodes>

(It's a propaganda bomb made by the CIA - leaflets fly everywhere)
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”