New MOSS server on Minkata - looking for testers

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

New MOSS server on Minkata - looking for testers

Post by rarified »

Shorah All!

I've just built a new MOSS game server to install on Minkata. I plan on launching it mid-late afternoon today (MDT or KI time).

The developers behind MOSS have made some updates to make it build with contemporary build tools and a more modern cryptography package (OpenSSL 1.1+).

If it fails, I expect it will fail quickly and obviously, but any testing time on Minkata (and feedback yea or nea) would be appreciated.

_R

[change log can be viewed here]
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
CaptainQuery

Re: New MOSS server on Minkata - looking for testers

Post by CaptainQuery »

I can help test. Has the mouse fix for Win 10 been integrated into the new server?
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Logged in with no problem. Cleaned the firemarbles out of the Relto hut. Linked to the Spy Room, Phil's Relto, kicked around a few logs. Back to Relto, linked to hood. Maybe it's my settings, but it sounds like the fireworks are on, but they're not. Took the Nexus to Kirel; quiet there. Kicked around a cone and a firemarble. Nexus to City Palace Alcove. Visited the Explorers Memorial which does not appear to be up to date; noticed a few missing names.

Here's your code:
Spoiler
UPDATE textnote SET value = E'Richard "ShadowCats" Bader\nJeannie "jmb30321" Barcus\nJanet "Pehpsee" Burress\nCAGrayWolf\nJames "Aquila" Carpenter\nVirginia "Terra" Cinova\nAl "Wamduskasapa" Edwards\nWillow "Wheely" Engberg\nCindy Farrar\nGandhar\nKees "Grassie73" Grashoff\nRon Hayter\nJahuti\nMaureen "Mo\'zie" Jannot\nJDrake\nKatzi\nWilliam "oldmanjob" Maier\nLen "Flyboy" Mumbower\nMyst\'Aken\nGorma Louise "GLO" O'Conner\nPerlenstern\nMark "Zardoz" Plummer\nRamsine\nJim "Dust\'ei" Rhodes\nJosef Riedl\nSil-Oh-Wet\nRosette Taylor\nDon "Sailor86" Billow\nDavid Ogden Stiers\n' WHERE title = 'MemorialImager';
I'm afraid that's all I've got time to do at the moment.
rarified

Post by rarified »

You beat me to the update! :D

I've just installed the update (the login panel should say "New MOSS server 7/2018").

Give it a try again -- the biggest problems will be getting into the game at all (either password problems or server connection problems), or problems with your avatar state.

Thanks!
_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

Tai'lahr wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 pm ... Visited the Explorers Memorial which does not appear to be up to date; noticed a few missing names.

Here's your code:
Spoiler
UPDATE textnote SET value = E'Richard "ShadowCats" Bader\nJeannie "jmb30321" Barcus\nJanet "Pehpsee" Burress\nCAGrayWolf\nJames "Aquila" Carpenter\nVirginia "Terra" Cinova\nAl "Wamduskasapa" Edwards\nWillow "Wheely" Engberg\nCindy Farrar\nGandhar\nKees "Grassie73" Grashoff\nRon Hayter\nJahuti\nMaureen "Mo\'zie" Jannot\nJDrake\nKatzi\nWilliam "oldmanjob" Maier\nLen "Flyboy" Mumbower\nMyst\'Aken\nGorma Louise "GLO" O'Conner\nPerlenstern\nMark "Zardoz" Plummer\nRamsine\nJim "Dust\'ei" Rhodes\nJosef Riedl\nSil-Oh-Wet\nRosette Taylor\nDon "Sailor86" Billow\nDavid Ogden Stiers\n' WHERE title = 'MemorialImager';
I'm afraid that's all I've got time to do at the moment.
The Memorial has been updated.

_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

CaptainQuery wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 pm I can help test. Has the mouse fix for Win 10 been integrated into the new server?
Not yet. I'm catching up on a couple years of neglect, and have one delivery to make to Cyan before I can get to that patch.

"Soon." ;)

_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

It's been a while since I was able to play Minkata on my Win10 laptop, I never resolved the "hard drive many be full" error. I tried new installs, in various locations, but no joy.

So today, I got the new version updating but then the same error.

I will boot up my Win 7 laptop and see what happens there - but it's really on its last legs.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Korovev

Post by Korovev »

A few issues:
  • The door and window in Relto are randomly open or closed when linking in;
  • The Great Zero beam is immobile (at least before calibrating the KI);
  • All the red/green markers in Ae’gura are missing, but present at least in the hoods;
  • The bridge, the tent in the Plaza and the stone to Descent are missing.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Minkata #132812, Gehn #137074.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

confirming Korov'ev's findings - though my relto doors and blinds were always closed when I reltoed in, whether or not I had opened them.

In addition, the doors into the Kadish Gallery won't open, either from the outside in or vice versa. And the music player isn't there - though the music still plays!

The cleft seems to be working fine.

Will carry on exploring for as long as my clapped-out laptop will allow!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Thanks explorers for your time!

Korov'ev, I think the behavior you see (and TreeHugger) are related to the vault state issue that cropped up after I worked on the problem creating new avatars. I have not dug into that, and I'm worried I may need to reset the vault to a date in the past, such as a month or two ago. I'll keep that thread updated.

TreeHugger, I'd forgotten (!) about your problems on Windows 10. It should work, I use and update Minkata on my Windows 10 desktop and laptop regularly. If we can't get to a resolution through forum posts, perhaps we can set up a one on one IM in Discord or Skype and work it through.

Looks as though problems related to the new server itself are not presenting themselves, thankfully.

Thanks again!
_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”