Minkata Shard Vault Rollback 2018/08/04

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Vault Rollback 2018/08/04

Post by rarified »

Shorah!

In the interests of expediency, to fix the stuck state problems here, here, and here, I've decided to roll back the state of Minkata.

The problems appeared coincident with the problem creating new explorers, so I suspect it may have been related or caused by my diagnostic probing in the vault.

I've had to reset the vault to it's state as of 2018/05/01. I've finished this, and confirmed I now can both create new explorers, and that things I have changed in five minutes of exploring remain where I put them. So I'm opening Minkata again to the general public.

Explorers will find their avatars reset back to where they were on May 1st. Avatars created since then no longer exist, and avatars deleted since then will reappear. But avatars who haven't logged in since then shouldn't notice anything different.

If I could get outside confirmation that the state problems have gone away please confirm on this thread.

As always, Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Tai'lahr

Re: Minkata Shard Vault Rollback 2018/08/04

Post by Tai'lahr »

Logged in and kicked around a few physical objects which seemed to remain in place when I left and returned.
My avatar pics are missing. Not that it's important; I can reshoot them, but isn't there a trick for getting them back?
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

New avvie created ok, but the Relto doors and blinds are still misbehaving I'm afraid - always shut when I return to Relto.

The Ae'gura GZ markers seem to be present, though I have only looked for one so far :lol: The Bahro tablet by the dock is also now present.

I'll carry on exploring.

Edited: GZ not stuck, markers can be collected; Tokotah hard hat and journals present; Kadish Gallery doors work; Eder Gira fumaroles do what they are supposed to; Teledahn pressure plate rocks stay in position; Teledahn doors stay open. Only other small glitch was that I had to re-do the Teledahn power once.

So most of the issues I reported last time have been fixed. Just the Relto door and blinds haven't.

Enough exploration for tonight!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Tai'lahr wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:03 pmMy avatar pics are missing.
That’s odd, because that shouldn’t be affected by the server, they are stored locally on your computer. They are in your Uru documents folder (I forgot where that is for Minkata) in the Avatars folder as JPEG images named by the KI number. Can you check whether they are still there? Back them up, then try reshooting one, see if that works and see if it shows up there, or maybe somewhere else?
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Noooooo when I logged back in this morning, the fumarole covers had reset. I'll now check everything else but I'm not optimistic....

Edit - my win7 laptop can't cope with the hot weather and it is punishing me for punishing it with a long session last night. So I can't do any more testing until/unless both the laptop and the weather cool down.

But just to add that I don't share Tai's problem with the avvie portraits - my old ones were (and still are) present, and a new one was created without difficulty (and it too has survived logging off and back on)

(Treehugger in Minkata)
cjkelly1

Post by cjkelly1 »

rarified wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:52 pm If I could get outside confirmation that the state problems have gone away please confirm on this thread.

As always, Thanks!
_R
Age state is stored in agestate.moss files under the game/state/ directory tree, and not in the database. If explorer age state (doors and such) is not being retained after an explorer logs off, check to be sure that the server is able to write to the above directory tree.
rarified

Post by rarified »

cjkelly1 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:55 pm
rarified wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:52 pm If I could get outside confirmation that the state problems have gone away please confirm on this thread.

As always, Thanks!
_R
Age state is stored in agestate.moss files under the game/state/ directory tree, and not in the database. If explorer age state (doors and such) is not being retained after an explorer logs off, check to be sure that the server is able to write to the above directory tree.
Hi CJ!

BTDT, I'm afraid. The state files were restored in parallel with the database to the same time, and I've confirmed new avatars are creating new age state files as they navigate around.

It almost is though the instance specific SDL values are being reset to the "DEFAULT" values every time a region is visited. I'm looking at SDL.cc/.h now to try to better understand the flow.

Thanks!
_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Just to confirm the bad news - Teledahn had reset everything - the stones needed to be shot out again to get the secret room, the walkways needed to be let down, the stones repositioned on the pressure plates. Eder Gira/Kemo likewise, the fumaroles and fish baskets had reverted.

But I collected all the GZ markers, so that is working fine.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Ok, thanks TreeHugger and everyone else, I know the symptom that state is not being persisted between visits to a region(place).

I don’t think you need to explore noting those things anymore, unless you want to. And if you keep going and see something really weird (upside down?), let me know. I need to closet myself with the server code to try to determine what is going on.

Thanks,
_R
Emor D'ni Lap

Post by Emor D'ni Lap »

As always, thanks for your efforts in getting this straightened out, rarified.

I do wish this didn't have to be such a solo effort for you, I wish you could share some of the responsibility for the Minkata shard with another trusted tech or two.

best of luck in finding time and focus,
Emor

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”