Age state rentention prblems with new explorer

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

hhhenry

Age state rentention prblems with new explorer

Post by hhhenry »

First noticed in Relto - the doors and windows are always closed when I get back. Went through Teledahn, repeatedly testing it, no problem noted. Eder Gira again no problem. Eder Kemo - when I return to Eder Gira, the chair I left to cross the stream is gone and the two lights I turned on are off.
Mac_Fife

Re: Age state rentention prblems with new explorer

Post by Mac_Fife »

I have a vague, vague recollection of something similar happening a long time ago, and I think it may have been related to the "template" for a new explorer having something omitted from it - not really sure on that. The Minkata server has a had lot of "infrastructure" updates in recent months, including (I think) a newer version of the PostgreSQL database engine and that could have introduced some new oddities.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

It's still broken. I can't proceed past Eder Giro.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

Seems to be working now. I made it through Eder Gira (but I still can't keep the doors and windows open in Relto).
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Confirmed that Gira/Kemo is now playable and that Relto door and blinds won't retain their state.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

oops Spoke too soon. Was back to Eder Gira tonight and the age is reset - chair thingys back in place, lamps not lit.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'd lost track of this bug. I'll try to look in the next few days, but they are going to busy in RL.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

It's still there. When I go to Kadish Tolsa vault, I have to open the door from the inside - a good test for a fix. Note this does NOT happen for my old, established explorer, only the new one.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Confirmed that my old avvies seem unaffected, and that for the new avvie, from inside the Kadish vault, the doors are closed. However, the easiest test of the problem is the relto door and window state, since you don't need to travel to find it.

If you like ning trees, it's nice to have so many opportunities to shatter them! :mrgreen: But the water current switching back on, in water Ahnonay, is very ahnoying when you have so many Quabs to clear :x .

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Treehugger wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:01 pm...
However, the easiest test of the problem is the relto door and window state, since you don't need to travel to find it.
Thanks for keeping my attention here, hhhenry and Treehugger. I may not get to it before the day after Christmas, but it will be back on my to-do postit. The one on top of the other half inch of "today's to-do" postits. 8-) :roll:

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”