Initial testing of the Minkata-alpha shard

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: Initial testing of the Minkata-alpha shard

Post by Treehugger »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq9nrynhw8we ... .JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g60w9kkx8253 ... .JPG?dl=0

Hoping that these dropbox links allow you to see the two respective screens.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Treehugger,

The server does not show you logged in since 10/27, and only on Minkata "prime" on 10/27 as Treehugger and 10/29 as Acorn102.

The screenshots you saved show the game updater in operation, but not the login page. Can you wait until the login page and then check the version text displayed?

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

@rarified -

Now that we've established that your recent merge of the H'uru code has permitted integration of Doobes' and my test Ages into Minkata-Alpha, I'm wondering whether there's any real advantage for us to continue adding incremental bells and whistles to these Ages, as we'd originally intended. Instead, I'm hoping you'll give Doobes' new Guild of Messengers Pub another try; I'm guessing that it might integrate just fine now.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Since we didn't have catastrophic failures as before, I'd be game.

Perhaps Doobes can give me a current drop of his Pub with all the files in a consistent state. I seem to be buried in files, all alike.

:shock:

_R
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

rarified wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:31 pmPerhaps Doobes can give me a current drop of his Pub with all the files in a consistent state.
Once I polish a few things up and test some stuff on Destiny, I'll PM you a link. :)
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
catherwood

Post by catherwood »

I'm finally joining the party. Got the .bat installed and everything updated and launches just fine, but i'm having an issue with it rendering as if it's in stereoscopic 3-D: I see red/green sideways divergence, minimal when close to a wall but spreads further apart for distant objects. (I can try getting a screen capture next time, if needed). btw, the default aspect ration didn't match my monitor, but I adjusted my setting with the wrench and that works as expected. I'm in Discord as catherwood.
00292608 on MOULa now 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

While I understand that the current focus seems to be on debugging the issues with Doobes' Library age on Alpha, I wonder whether it might be possible to check whether the our small demo Ages (that we've now seen are working on Alpha) can be successfully run on both Minkata Prime, and more importantly, on the Cyan (non-MOSS) staging server??? Seems like it might be prudent to once again test the next stages of the pipeline against vanilla rather than Rocky Road.
Yes, I know there would be no direct link available in either case, and those servers aren't using console commands. But, aren't there workarounds that could be arranged? A temporary additional page in a Relto book, a Nexus tweak?
rarified

Post by rarified »

I’ll have to talk to Chogon about that.

My preference is to not install temporary ages on Minkata (prime) only to remove them later. Removing age state from the vault is a big pain in the neck. I don’t know if the same is true for the MOULa vault (or if it even set up to do that).

I am making slow progress on the issue with ChisoPreniv on Minkata-alpha... Somehow an empty “key” is registered when loading this age, and then when the keys for that age are garbage collected the empty key slot causes problems. I think making key handling tolerant of this situation would fix the symptom, but I would still like to understand what in the age causes the errant data structure to get into the client in the first place.

_R
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

rarified wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:33 pmI think making key handling tolerant of this situation would fix the symptom, but I would still like to understand what in the age causes the errant data structure to get into the client in the first place.
That's all well and good, but could we at least try implementing a fix in the meantime? Literally every other client I've tried Chiso with is fine with the Age, so let's set the why aside for now and get to actually fixing.
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
rarified

Post by rarified »

Doobes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:21 pm That's all well and good, but could we at least try implementing a fix in the meantime? Literally every other client I've tried Chiso with is fine with the Age, so let's set the why aside for now and get to actually fixing.
I’m not sure what you’re saying. Minkata and Minkata-alpha are built from the same code with the same tools. The only difference is the code that becomes active or disabled between an internal and external client. And on Minkata, there would be no way to access Chiso without the internal console. So I’m missing the benefit of putting Chiso on Minkata (if that is what you are proposing).

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”