Fallout from Alpha?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

hhhenry

Fallout from Alpha?

Post by hhhenry »

I am not at present participating in the Alpha testing but
Strange things are happening to the normal shard. It stops loading the patcher right at the beginning. I click cancel, it says shutting down and jams. I use task manager to shut down the launcher. I go to Ghen shard at it says it's already running. I go to uru online and the patcher jams. I go to listed tasks and find Uru launcher is still running. Shut it down there and now everybody else is normal.
Jaytee

Re: Fallout from Alpha?

Post by Jaytee »

Same for me as henry, uru launcher still in task manager
end task in task manager gets me into uru live , but not Minkata or Gehn shards,
run as administrator does not have any effect either, just saying ;)
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Both versions of Minkata (Prime & Alpha) not accepting visitors. MOULa is still working fine.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Sorry, I had taken them both down to work on the database.

I believe I've fixed the problem with age state leaking from one shard to another. The saved login problem is still present at the moment.

You should get a new copy of UruLauncher-Alpha.bat. There was a change needed there. You may also need to re-run UruLauncher-Alpha at least once from a command prompt to reset permissions on it.

Both shards should be up now for the rest of today. Fixing the login problem will likely require a rebuilding of the client.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”