IMPORTANT! Existing Minkata Installations Require Update

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: IMPORTANT! Existing Minkata Installations Require Update

Post by rarified »

That is the most failsafe method of solving the problem.

Did you run MOULa until you were logged in before making the copy?
Were there any error or warning messages displayed during the copy?

Hmmm, Minkata's server has no record of an attempt to retrieve files around the time of your post. That sounds like the copy of UruLauncher.exe did not succeed properly, or your copy of UruLauncher.exe is damaged.

You can always get a new, current copy of the launcher at this link UruLauncher.exe

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

At loooong last I have Minkata working on both laptops! Having updated the old laptop with the MOULa files, I suddenly thought of copying the folder from the working version onto my Win10 laptop, and, hooray, both are now working. Why I hadn't thought of doing this before now is a good question..... :oops:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

charura, I just got to my desktop this morning and it looks like you were able to get onto Minkata!

Please confirm that is the case.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
charura

Post by charura »

Please confirm that is the case.
Yes just this morning around 11-11:15 EDT after several failed attempts prior to that.

Here is what I did to get it to work:

1) Even though my Moul(a) worked with no problems, I downloaded the Moul(a) installer from Cyan and installed it onto to a separate hard drive(G) and ran it from there.
2) After confirming that I could get on I copied the entire new Uru Live folder and pasted that into a new Minkata folder back on my original drive(C)
3) Changed the Uru Launcher to the new one and VOILA!

All is good!!!
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I fired up a new avvie and played through on my Win 10 machine, as it had been quite a while. All went well except: 1) the vogondola - the old problem at the end of the ride where the avvie doesn't accompany the chair as it rises, then exits the ride too low and crashes out. I tried all the suggested work-arounds, eg start the ride in first person, jump up when it reaches the end, but no good. After too many failures, I logged back on to my old Win 7 laptop to get past the glitch 2) a couple of bahro tablets, the one at the dock and the one behind the library, were very reluctant to appear. Other than that, all good! None of hhhenry's issues.

Thanks, rarified!

(Treehugger in Minkata)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”