can't log in. File missing

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

hhhenry

can't log in. File missing

Post by hhhenry »

I;ve been disconected from the internet after a move since July 24 - I may never play solitare again.
I have not updated my dat files per topic. I get this message on login: file not found data\external\dat\minkata.csv.gx
Mac_Fife

Re: can't log in. File missing

Post by Mac_Fife »

Which essentially means that you do need to refresh your files from MOULa first.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

hhhenry wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pmI have not updated my dat files per topic.
Hmmm...
rarified wrote:Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:21 pmShorah all!

I found I've been behind the times. Minkata has not kept up to date with files from Cyan's MOULa server. That means it has been impossible for new users on Minkata to successfully start the game.

Existing users have been unaware of this problem because they already had the MOULa files copied into their Minkata installation folder and the server and your client matched.

I have had to update the files on Minkata to match those files on MOULa. Now, when Minkata is run from an existing installation, you will get an error during the patcher saying "File Not Found" or something similar. That means you will have to do the update below.

To update your existing Minkata installation to make it work again, FIRST make sure your MOULa installation is up to date. Run Uru Live and let the patcher update the files, go through the login dialogue. You can "Quit" when you get to choose an avatar. Next, open both your folder where you installed Minkata, and the folder containing the Cyan Uru Live installation. The latter is usually located somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Uru Live.

Click on the "dat" folder in the Uru Live folder. Hold down the “ctrl” key and type “c”. Then go to the Minkata installation folder window and click on the window top strip so it becomes the current window. Hold down the “ctrl” key again and type “v”. It will start copying files, which is what you want. At some point, Windows will likely complain that there are already files with the same name being copied. Tell Windows to go ahead and copy these files.

That should be all you need to do. Start up Minkata and make sure you can log in. Look around and stay a while if you feel like it.

Thanks! Post replies if you have problems doing the update.

_R

[Update: changed from drag and drop of “dat” folder to keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste.]
Directions, did you read them? ;)
Last edited by Hoikas on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hhhenry, Let us know when you've updated the "dat" files that everything is working for you.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
cjkelly1

Post by cjkelly1 »

hhhenry wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm I have not updated my dat files per topic. I get this message on login: file not found data\external\dat\minkata.csv.gx
Note that non-Cyan servers are not permitted to distribute any of Cyan's assets that we do not have a license for, which is why you *must* perform the procedure that Rarified has outlined. There is no other licensed way for you to obtain those particular files.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

Did the .dat transplant. I can login but my other thread about missing pages and books applies. Will add a reply there

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”