What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Emor_D'ni_Lap

Re: What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

Okay, if it's any relief, BOTH Alpha and Main are now being trapped by AV at the "downloading new patcher" stage. Perhaps my first run with Alpha didn't have that patch as a command at that point in time. And the launches do not seem to check whether the patcher has already been dl'ed; the download tries to run each and every time.

Also, while changes to kickables, doors, etc. seem to be isolated to each shard, any 'closet'-type changes (avvie build, clothing etc.) absolutely does permeate across shards in both directions.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I tried something before I leave, a database configuration change.

Can either of you try again to see if things still propagate across shards? Schema headaches.

Later,
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

Okay, now the Main shard, once newest updates have been dl'ed bypassing AV, runs fine with an active AV and whitelisted URUexplorer, URUlauncher and plClient .exes.
The Alpha shard still hangs at the same place with AV activated.

And symptoms are still the same with all moveables/kickables remaining independent on each shard, while all 'closet' functions propagate across in both directions.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I can't get into either version, both are hanging at "checking for patcher update". Previously, I WAS seeing kickable changes carrying over from one to the other, Emor - the fish basket was an example.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

I had both servers down to verify some database configuration and wipe the Minkata-alpha vault back to the current state of Minkata.

They should be up, but I am seeing cross connection between Minkata and Minkata-alpha with regards to avatars (create one on Minkata, it pops up on Minkata-alpha).

I also see some other signs that Minkata and Minkata-alpha clients are not coexisting well with common data stored in the Documents\Uru Live Minkata Shard.

I am altering the Internal build type so that data for -alpha will not be shared with Minkata, and will try to deploy that later tonight.

_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Just to confirm I got into both versions again and am still seeing the effects of changes in one version spilling over into the other, kickables included. (More fish basket manipulation and also the positioning of logs and stones on Relto.) Will try again in the morning. Night, all!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

As of 9:45PM Mountain Time Sunday evening, I'm still seeing 'closet' changes propagate across the two shards - but moveables / kickables etc. stay independent.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Morning all, just experimented with another avvie that hadn't completed the cleft. Using alpha, I did most of what needed to be done, touching cloths, switching on the power, kicking the plank and the logs, breaking the bridge etc. All of these changes were present when I used my other laptop to log onto Minkata proper - including the changed positions of the plank and the logs.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

I'm wondering whether we have effectively hijacked this thread, since around this post?
Should we instead be adding to this thread from that point onward?
rarified

Post by rarified »

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm I'm wondering whether we have effectively hijacked this thread, since around this post?
Should we instead be adding to this thread from that point onward?
Yes, please. I was thinking the Alpha functionality/bug discussions should move there.

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”