What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Post by rarified »

It's Official! Community gathering for people interested in helping with Minkata is Saturday, September 28th at 2PM MDT/KI Time!

While you good folks set your alarm clocks, I'll be working to make sure Minkata is in good shape for then. The meeting will be held on the Minkata shard.

If you want to participate and don't have an account on Minkata, you can sign up here.

This meeting is primarily to focus on who can offer time and abilities. I am not making any preconditions about what skills you must have in order to contribute. Just because all you might have done in the past is help with testing, that does not mean you may not be able to help with logistics, or be able to follow cookbook type instructions. Please come if you can help.

I hope we have a good turnout, and look forward to seeing each of you there!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

I may have missed it, but I don't see the age name mentioned anywhere...?
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hoikas wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:09 pm I may have missed it, but I don't see the age name mentioned anywhere...?
Good point. Ae’gura (the City) is configured for a big crowd, let’s gather in front of the tent initially.

_R
cjkelly1

Post by cjkelly1 »

Is there a transcript of the meeting available?

Thank you.
rarified

Post by rarified »

cjkelly1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:10 pm Is there a transcript of the meeting available?

Thank you.
For now: http://foundry.openuru.org/assets/Found ... -09-29.txt

The meeting did not head in the direction I had planned on, as no new volunteers showed up.

Instead we talked a little about trying something different to see if it would work to help with the backlog.

_R
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

I propose doing a meeting like this about once a month or so, preferably in MOULa where there's a wider audience. An ideal scenario would be to have it after the AGM since we can attract the larger crowd that way.

This would also keep more of the community engaged, even if they may not fully understand all the technical stuff about which we are talking. It would show them that something is being done now and would hopefully drum up interest...maybe even attract more help!

As was mentioned at the meeting, a bigger social media presence for OpenURU would go a long way to keeping in touch with the greater community. I volunteer to help with that end of things if needed too.

From what I gathered from this last meeting, we need to iron out a few other things communication, programming and content-wise before we'll need "volunteers". rarified can still admin the shard, and as long as he's open to accepting help from and working with other programmers (Hoikas, Deledrius, etc) and content providers (Emor for Max export testing and myself for Korman export testing, amongst other possible help), we should be able to build upon Minkata in a truly open way and finally get fan Ages and other goodies into MOULa.

Best to keep it simple for now until there's actually something tangible on Minkata to test. ;)
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

Doobes wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:56 pm I propose doing a meeting like this about once a month or so, preferably in MOULa where there's a wider audience. An ideal scenario would be to have it after the AGM
Good idea, Doobes; having regular monthly sessions makes sense. Hear, Hear, I second that motion!
The only possible drawback could be the number of chatterers overflowing from the AGM...you know the story.
I wouldn't want to burden rarified with having to conduct a meeting the way Kor'ovev must; maybe another one of us could help him out in this regard.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:25 pm I wouldn't want to burden rarified with having to conduct a meeting the way Kor'ovev must; maybe another one of us could help him out in this regard.
I agree. If I can make it, I'd gladly take on moderation duties for an open source/Minkata status meeting. I've got some experience in that regard. ;)
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

Hmmmm....
Next Saturday. October 26 would be about a month since our last meeting on this topic.
Should we try for a session somewhere in-cavern (the Cyan shard, that is)???

Or we can plan to gather after the AGM two weeks from now, though I'd suggest we decide on another location away from Kirel.

What's the consensus? :geek:
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:34 pm Hmmmm....
Next Saturday. October 26 would be about a month since our last meeting on this topic.
Should we try for a session somewhere in-cavern (the Cyan shard, that is)???

Or we can plan to gather after the AGM two weeks from now, though I'd suggest we decide on another location away from Kirel.

What's the consensus? :geek:
I'm game for a post-AGM meet up in MOULa. I should be out of work just after the AGM itself starts. Heck, I'll even moderate the thing if Kor is too worn out from the shenanigans of the previous meeting. :)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”