What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Post by rarified »

Shorah all!

As I announced this month at the AGM, I would like to host a group meeting to find out who may be interested in providing time, skill, and energy into the Minkata test shard operations, as well as the OpenUru foundry as well.

I would like to host this as a recorded in-game meeting so we have at least some sense of physical presence and body language during the discussion. I also would like to host it on the Minkata shard itself, to give people who have never registered or visited the chance to see it in operation, as a shadow of MOULa.

Right now, I don't want to put out a specific set of qualifications for people to have in order to help. I'd rather let the participants describe what they could offer first. I'll be there to provide some feedback on how offered skills may fit into the current workflow on the Minkata shard. We can have a more specific discussion about tasks and workflow in the future. I'm sure there are lots of robust opinions about that topic.

I think to start with, I'd like to hold the gathering sometime next week. The first constraint I can see is time of day. Minkata and I are located in the US/Mountain time zone (same as KI time). My schedule is very flexible, so an early afternoon or even late morning time to accommodate European community members works for me. But many of the community members are likely in the US, and have employment time constraints. So, please give some feedback if you have either requirements for yourself, or knowledge of interested parties schedules, or experience in setting up meetings like this in the past. I would like to allocate an hour for this first gathering.

Please make some suggestions here so I don't appear to be making an uninformed choice on the schedule.

See you soon, I hope!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Re: What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Post by Hoikas »

Just post a date/time, and I will try to remember to block it off.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

In my experience, the time that works for the largest number of people is Saturday 13:00 KI (the time of the AGM). It only consistently excludes Australians.

I will try to participate if I can because I’m interested in the discussion, but I have nothing to offer, my time is filled up by other interests these days.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Hi, rarified, your parallel post on the Cyan Myst Online forum (and my reply) have disappeared along with a month or so's other posts - including the report of the AGM discussion that preceded your post. You may want to reinstate it.....

My reply was support for a Europe-friendly time. As CW says, a normal AGM time is probably safest (though I am usually having dinner, so I miss many AGMs these days). But I probably don't have much to offer in terms of help - happy to test, of course, but anything technical is going to be beyond me :oops: :roll:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Emor D'ni Lap

Post by Emor D'ni Lap »

My time is fairly flexible for the next week or so, save for midday on the 19th and evenings 20 and 21...Pacific time.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Did anyone catch that tumbleweed rolling by? I guess this was just more talk and no action, per the usual modus operandi.
rarified

Post by rarified »

As per the “usual modus operandi”, RL(tm) intruded last week with a vengeance (auto repairs that could not be deferred that I needed to do myself). Just today I have been able to hand off work to be done to a third party and now I need/can return to other tasks while waiting for them.

As to the meeting, I think it too late to schedule a meeting this weekend. But per Christian’s suggestion, I nominate Saturday Sept 28th at 2pm MDT/KI time on Minkata for the gathering. Hearing no objection by the end of this weekend that is what I’ll announce formally as the date.

I will in the next day or so re-post this topic and the proposal on MOULa and Discord.

_R

[It would help me if the sarcasm intensity can be turned down a notch or two.]
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Sounds like a good date/time to me.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I've set my alarm clock (Outlook). And I'll test my install, connection, and avvie before then. ;)

JW
Perfect speed is being there.
charura

Post by charura »

I've set my alarm clock (Outlook). And I'll test my install, connection, and avvie before then.

Ditto

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”