What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: What can you do for Minkata and MOULa?

Post by rarified »

Thank you Emor. I'm downloading it now.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
cjkelly1

Post by cjkelly1 »

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:27 pm exported directly from 3DS Max/Plasma.
Could you make a quick and dirty age with Korman? Perhaps a plain vanilla one, and then one that uses the PR 533 and PR 555 features? The ages I swiped from Gehn were created with the 3DS plugin (Vothol Gallery) and PyPRP and converted with libHSPlasma (Tre'bivdil and Fehnir House), and those appeared to work fine. 3DS Max is unobtainable for a large majority of people, and I am thinking Korman is where it is at, so to speak.
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

CJK, my understanding is that Doobes is already midway through making a comparable vanilla testing age using Blender/Korman.
He's the Korman expert, while I'm moderately versed in the Plasma plug-in for Max.
The idea is for rarified to be able to use these very basic Ages to see where Minkata is choking on new content. If these pass muster, we keep adding features 'til we see where the problem(s) are.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

cjkelly1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:10 pmCould you make a quick and dirty age with Korman? Perhaps a plain vanilla one, and then one that uses the PR 533 and PR 555 features? The ages I swiped from Gehn were created with the 3DS plugin (Vothol Gallery) and PyPRP and converted with libHSPlasma (Tre'bivdil and Fehnir House), and those appeared to work fine. 3DS Max is unobtainable for a large majority of people, and I am thinking Korman is where it is at, so to speak.
I think it is highly unlikely that you're going to get a Korman age without the "features" from #533. These change the basic physical objects to be PhysX-agnostic so the plugin can work on any platform and any architecture. Producing an age without this requires jumping through too many unnecessary hoops, I'm afraid. On the other hand, #555 is a change in the MOUL subworlds. Not many ages use that, but my mega korman hack age does. I can provide the blend for this age, if needed. I won't be posting it publicly though because of all the non-free assets I used in the age.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

cjkelly1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:10 pm Could you make a quick and dirty age with Korman?
Already on it. I'll edit this post with a link to the Age files when I'm done, which should be soon. :)

EDIT: Here we go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rzr0gfktze9h ... n.zip?dl=0
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
cjkelly1

Post by cjkelly1 »

Korman test age loads fine with CWE-ou with H'uru/Plasma PR 533 backported. Only thing I had noticed is that MOSS did not like SDL with version "0". The age loaded without issue, but I dislike errors in the logs when testing. I changed it to "VERSION 1" and all was well. No other errors or complaints in the client and server logs.

The square cube is bouncing up and down, and the sphere is rotating. The design on the objects is clear and visible, with no graphics glitches.
The cone and cyIinder are stationary.

The lighting appears to be correct. Standing with my back towards the sunset, I can see light on those objects. Going behind them and facing the sunset, the backs of the cone and cylinder are in shadow. A very nice touch is my character throwing a shadow onto the objects.

The sound appears to be playing correctly.

I do not have VS2003, so my CWE-ou tree is compiled according to the instructions I have on the wiki for compiling with VS2008.
rarified

Post by rarified »

cjkelly1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am Korman test age loads fine with CWE-ou with H'uru/Plasma PR 533 backported. Only thing I had noticed is that MOSS did not like SDL with version "0". The age loaded without issue, but I dislike errors in the logs when testing. I changed it to "VERSION 1" and all was well. No other errors or complaints in the client and server logs.

The square cube is bouncing up and down, and the sphere is rotating. The design on the objects is clear and visible, with no graphics glitches.

The lighting appears to be correct. Standing with my back towards the sunset, I can see light on those objects. Going behind them and facing the sunset, the backs of the cone and cylinder are in shadow. A very nice touch is my character throwing a shadow onto the objects.

I do not have VS2003, so my CWE-ou tree is compiled according to the instructions I have on the wiki for compiling with VS2008.
If you are confident in your backport of PR533 please construct a pull request in BitBucket and I’ll put it next in line for client updates.

I’m working on some manifest manipulation to fix some mysterious file corruptions during updates right now, before throwing Emor’s and Doobes’ ages into Minkata. Then I’ll see what happens trying to incorporate your PR with VS2003. It’s been a while since I looked at your VS2008 instructions, but I believe I have that version and can see how hard it would be to update the Jenkins pipeline with those tools if your changes don’t work with VS2003.

[Edit:] I do have VS2008 installed on the Windows build slave, so that is a start. But I have bandwidth constraints right now so one thing at a time.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

cjkelly1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am Korman test age loads fine with CWE-ou with H'uru/Plasma PR 533 backported. Only thing I had noticed is that MOSS did not like SDL with version "0". The age loaded without issue, but I dislike errors in the logs when testing. I changed it to "VERSION 1" and all was well. No other errors or complaints in the client and server logs.
Yeah, sorry about that. That's Korman's "Default" export that I forgot to "turn off" when I packaged the Age. I'll have to keep that in mind...or perhaps Hoikas and crew can modify that a bit?
Good. Exactly as they should be!

Sounds like everything matches how it was when I tested it on Destiny. Nice! :D

Emor and I collaborated on what to add to these basic Ages as a start, and we can gradually add things to test in future versions. What would we like to try next?

EDIT: cjkelly1, I submitted the SDL issue so hopefully it won't come up ever again, not only to spare your logs, but in case other servers have bigger problems with it ;) : https://github.com/H-uru/korman/issues/153
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

SDL Version 0 is valid and accepted by both PotS and DirtSand. Korman uses this as a "shoot, the artist didn't define any SDL" descriptor to avoid potential bugs related to null SDL blobs being spawned. It should not be removed, renamed, or reversioned. A future export of the age by the author may be incompatible with the database if you insist on changing SDLs. If MOSS is raising some kind of warning on version 0, the warning itself is a bug in MOSS.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Hoikas wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:35 pm If MOSS is raising some kind of warning on version 0, the warning itself is a bug in MOSS.
Ah. I stand corrected. :)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”