Minkata Update Build #160 2020.04.14

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

dgelessus

Re: Minkata Update Build #160 2020.04.14

Post by dgelessus »

The Teledahn elevator camera issues that I've experienced previously seem to be fixed with Build 161 (or possibly with 160 already, I wasn't able to check).

As expected, I also get stuck when trying to open the Ae'gura book (I have the Great Zero antechamber page).

In the Great Zero courtyard I'm having difficulties walking up the first set of stairs leading to the back (to where the calibration machines are). While running it's almost impossible to go up the stairs; while walking it works a little better but I still get stuck on a stair some of the time. This issue was already present in Build 160.

In the Teledahn office I can reproducibly get stuck and/or fall through the floor if I run out of the elevator into the pillar with the two small mushrooms on it (i. e. the right pillar when looking from inside the elevator, or the left pillar when looking from the third-person camera). I don't know if this was already the case in earlier versions. In MOULa the collision in that area is a little strange too, but I don't get fully stuck or fall through the floor like I do on Minkata currently.

If it matters, I'm playing in Wine 4.17 on Kubuntu 19.10, and I've installed PhysX using the MSI installer that Minkata downloads now (PhysX-9.13.0604-SystemSoftware-Legacy.msi).
rarified

Post by rarified »

Update to Minkata Game Files

I think we have found the problem causing the Relto Ae’gura book to freeze on opening. A fix has been pushed to Minkata, and it appears to work on my installation.

Could those people reporting the problem now confirm the issue is resolved for them?

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

My Relto's Ae'gura book works fine...the standard link to the plaza, that is; didn't check the other pages.

I'm unable to reproduce dgelessus' issue in Sharper's Teledahn office.
I do still see the same issue there with being semi-trapped by a strange collider after rising from Sharper's desk seat.

Other than that, everything I tested in Teledahn worked fine, right through the spyroom link-through to Phil's Relto.
Wish I could check on more, but out of time.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks, rarified, the Ae'gura book opens normally now both for the old avvie and the one created yesterday :D Sorry, Chiro and HenryMikel, for not remembering that you had already posted about this issue.

I have updated the Physix installation as requested, rarified, we'll see what changes, if anything. (In order to install Minkata version 160 I had been getting the "unable to delete patcher executable" error so I had had to update the installation pretty thoroughly anyway, so this may have meant I already had the new version before doing what you asked me to do.)

Before making this requested update, I too noticed that most of the leaves weren't kickable, and, like dgelessus, I too was getting stuck at the foot of staircases, eg going into the Art Gallery, and getting onto the podium in the library to access the linking books. Running down staircases seemed to launch me into space for a while!

Edited, one hour later - the main issue was getting stuck on the Teledahn fish tank, at first press of the button. (I know this can happen.) I couldn't reproduce the fall through the floor on exiting the lift in the Teledahn office.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
dgelessus

Post by dgelessus »

The Ae'gura book is working for me again too, thank you for the fix!

I can still reproduce the issue with falling through the pillar near the Teledahn elevator, and this time I managed to make some screen recordings. Yes, I am playing on a potato, and YouTube ruins the brightness, but it should be enough to see from what direction I'm running into the pillar. It seems to only happen when I'm running and not walking (but perhaps I just haven't tried it enough while walking).

I can also reproduce the issue that Emor mentioned: when I approach the desk in the Teledahn shroom from the right side, sit down and stand back up, I'm unable to walk in any direction until I "jump over" the invisible barrier. This doesn't happen when I sit down coming from the left side.
rarified

Post by rarified »

dgelessus wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:20 pm...
I can still reproduce the issue with falling through the pillar near the Teledahn elevator, and this time I managed to make some screen recordings. Yes, I am playing on a potato, and YouTube ruins the brightness, but it should be enough to see from what direction I'm running into the pillar. It seems to only happen when I'm running and not walking (but perhaps I just haven't tried it enough while walking).
On these I'll try to reproduce it myself this afternoon.
I can also reproduce the issue that Emor mentioned: when I approach the desk in the Teledahn shroom from the right side, sit down and stand back up, I'm unable to walk in any direction until I "jump over" the invisible barrier. This doesn't happen when I sit down coming from the left side.
Heh... I always get onto the seat from the left. I'll have to try from the right.

It may be a day or so to get to these. I'm working on (gasp) the Windows 10 Mouse fix.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
charura

Post by charura »

Went to the GZ through the Nexus twice with several avvies...Getting stuck on the fourth stair on both sides, but I can jump to continue. I have the necessary markers to open the upper doors.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

charura wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:29 pm Went to the GZ through the Nexus twice with several avvies...Getting stuck on the fourth stair on both sides, but I can jump to continue. I have the necessary markers to open the upper doors.
Same for my old and new avatars.

Retests:
The brown Private City book now works perfectly for old and new avatars. I checked out all 8 pages and they function and link fine.

I have the same problem in Teledahn at The Baron's desk with Shroomie model on it. Approach and sit from the left: Okay Approach and sit from the right: you get stuck after standingup. You need to jump out of it. (both old & new avies). I checked on the official CYAN MOULa and when your avatar gets up on the right side, it makes a funny little side jump to the Right and you can then walk away. Maybe a prior patch to fix an issue?

I've tried old/new/male and female avatars and can't fall thru the Teldeahn elevator floor and I can step out easily. I recall that problem in the early GameTap testing. It mostly happened to female avatars - especially those with high ping times.
Korovev

Post by Korovev »

I used to fall through the floor in the Teledahn office very often a few years ago in MOULa, when I had very bad ping. The middle Gahreesen pillar was almost impossible.

Another place where I need a jump is the base of the Ae’gura Museum stairs.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Minkata #132812, Gehn #137074.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Korovev wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:19 am Another place where I need a jump is the base of the Ae’gura Museum stairs.
Ditto this except to me it is about step #4

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”