Minkata Update Build #163 2020.04.16

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Update Build #163 2020.04.16

Post by rarified »

Another update to Minkata and Minkata-alpha!

Build #163 contains the long-wanted fix for the Windows 10 Mouse bug. You no longer will need to use the DLL hack to avoid the bug.

As always, please post bug reports and feedback to this topic!

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Re: Minkata Update Build #163 2020.04.16

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

The Mouse Is Fixed!
(and it's a great improvement!)

Wondering whether anyone else seems to feel that walking and running in Minkata are now both maybe 1.3X faster than usual?
I know, that seems weird. But still...
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:52 pm Wondering whether anyone else seems to feel that walking and running in Minkata are now both maybe 1.3X faster than usual?
I know, that seems weird. But still...
I definitely notice some difference. Walking seems faster - just barely, Running seems about the same. I'll try and actually time a stretch in MOULa tonight and compare. But one big difference is that jumping while walking or running is definitely different. I have been unable to get onto the railing of the Great Stairs at the Kahlo Pub/Memorial plaza level. This is usually a very easy jump for me and it eludes all my avatars on the Minkata Shard. Also in every iteration of the game I could stand on the 2nd step from the Pub level and jump thru the large crack in the railing - landing on the level above. In this new Physics I have to jump from one step higher.
As far as I'm concerned none of the speed changes or jumping height is important unless it interferes with gameplay. I'll try all the jumping Marker Missions and those few areas in Ages where jumping is required and report back.

Results: The step count is identical in both MOULa and Minkata for walking and running
Minkata the running speed was very slightly better but easily within margin of error (avg of 10 laps) Minkata 8.4 vs 8.7 seconds to do a fixed length at Ferry.
Walking speed also was about the same Minkata: 22.6 vs. 22.8 seconds on same lap.

But jumping is definitely off. At Ferry (I spent a lot of time there) there are several rocks embedded in the brick walkway near the link in point. In Minkata you can NOT walk onto any of them. In MOULa you can walk on (and over) every one. Again you can jump up thru the crack to the Memorila platform level using the second from the top step in MOULa but in Minkata you must use the 1st step from the top.
And as I stated earlier, you can easily jump on (or over) the rail on the Memorial level platform in MOULa but very poor results in Minkata.

I've tested several Ages that require you to jump up in Minkata and there is no issue at all when trying to successfully finish the Age.
PS: Finished the Red/Green Markers and 11 of the 14 GZM missions - no issue caused by the lower jumps in finishing the Missions.

So mark it up as a non-issue but the local skydivers will cry again.
Last edited by HenryMikel on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

The Ahnonay vogondola is playing up, of course. It works fine when I use my old Win7 laptop, but, when I use my Win10 laptop, the avvie doesn't rise with the chair at the vault end of the ride, and so falls through the floor. And, making the return journey from the vault, the avvie doesn't drop as the chair descends (but this isn't a fatal error, the ride goes on as normal and the avvie makes it to the end of the ride OK).

I have made all the Gahreesen leaps without any trouble, using my Win10 machine. No other problems so far, just the occasional stickiness on steps.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Add the Museum inside staircase to the list of sticky spots. You can not walk or run up them but jumping past is no problem.
The small platform you need to step up on to open the press and/or pick up a pellet for testing in Er'Canna's Pellet Press area also gets sticky. It's easy to avoid it but if you're slow, you're stuck.
Last edited by HenryMikel on Sat May 02, 2020 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Dev

Post by Mark Dev »

I also got stuck on the bottom step of the inside staircase of the Museum. Can jump over it or step onto it if I walk/run almost side on to the step.

Same issue with the platforms in the Library that the book lecterns are on. No problems walking to the lecterns in the Museum.

I am on Win10. I wondered if it was because I had not removed the mouse fix dll but I still have the problem after the dll was removed.

Stuck part way up left and right stairs in Great Zero just after machine.

Stuck on stairs near door on way out of Kadish Alternate Vault.
Hazado

Post by Hazado »

Teledahn - stairs inside the building where you shoot the rocks. You get stuck if your running at the top of them. If your walking its fine.
Teledahn - You get stuck at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the secret room accessible by shooting the rocks. Happens walking and running, need to jump to get over it.
rarified

Post by rarified »

New update (#164) and new topic for bugs at viewtopic.php?f=108&t=1045

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”