Minkata and Minkata-alpha Update Build #176 2020.05.19

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata and Minkata-alpha Update Build #176 2020.05.19

Post by rarified »

Shorah, brave test volunteers!

Both Minkata and Minkata-alpha have been updated to build #176. As discussed in the OpenUru Discord>>Dev channel, build #176 contains a client with the ability to install prerequisites (such as the newer PhysX, as well as other runtime packages needed for this client.) When running the launcher, you may see a new progress stage "Updating Dependencies", and possibly but fairly rarely a new window popup asking for permission to install a particular dependency package. The currently included dependencies are:
  • PhysX 2.6.4
  • vcredist_x86
  • openal
  • dxwebsetup
You should accept requests to install those packages. If any other packages request installing, do not accept them and post a reply here with what you encountered.

The client for build #176 is now being built with a much newer compiler from Microsoft's Visual Studio 2010. There may be behavior differences from earlier Minkata and MOULa builds.

In addition, Minkata-alpha has had it's vault wiped and reset to exactly the same state you had when visiting Minkata the last time. The Fan Ages on Minkata-alpha should still be there, and the linking book in the Watchers Pub is still operational.

This update allowed me to set up the age ChisoPreniv to be a shared (global) age rather than instanced. When you visit ChisoPreniv, you should see any other visitors to that age, just like you do Ae'gura. This is the first attempt to configure this age this way, and it may not share properly. Please post your experience here when visiting ChisoPreniv and you know others are there.

As usual please post errors or strange behavior you encounter as responses to this topic. And thank you for helping with testing on Minkata!

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Emor_D'ni_Lap

Re: Minkata and Minkata-alpha Update Build #176 2020.05.19

Post by Emor_D'ni_Lap »

Confirmed both Prime and Alpha are now on #176; both work well.
The two items I'd noted previously, 1) the strange collider when arising to the right from Sharper's Teledahn office desk and 2) an inability to register the KI in the Great Zero Antechamber machine, are both fixed AFAICT.

And in Alpha, Chiso Preniv is indeed available through a new book in the Watcher's Pub - nice work on opening that room and placing the book!
However, unlike the other books in Watcher's Pub, the Chiso book does not appear on the Relto shelf after being used.
Will it eventually have a Relto slot? Because otherwise (if Chiso is to be the sole access hub for Fan Content for the near future, at least), the path to any given Fan Age winds up as Relto->Nexus->Watcher's Pub->ChisoPreniv->ChosenFanAge....a daunting number of links, IMO.
Mark Dev

Post by Mark Dev »

Minkata shard.

Using Windows 10. I ran the client and the 176 update installed without issue.

Started a new avatar. Played through the hand journey in first person.

Relto
Single pillar. Opened door but I could not see the linking book. Tried switching between first and third person. Book could be partially seen after stepping back from the pillar.

Gahreesen
When running out from the crack in the gear into the power room, the avatar fell through the locked gear on the floor and linked out of the age. Re-linked to the age and jumped into the power room to continue.

Teledahn
Aquarium button. I tapped the button and the avatar's hand stuck to it. Tapped again, the avatar let go of the button and the door opened revealing the linking book.

Kadish
First scope puzzle parts were missing. Moved away from scope then clicked back on it and it worked. Same issue with second and third scopes.

Pillars set to access the 6th journey cloth. The avatar got stuck at the top stair in the doorway in front of the journey cloth.

Eder Gira
No sound when pressing the buttons to activate the lights in the caves.

Registering Nexus Terminals in City
Registered the KI at the Ferry Terminal Nexus book pedestal. The avatar got stuck on the pedestal's platform.

Concert Hall Foyer KI terminal. Clicking the symbol or slot for KI opened the Nexus book. Had to click back left corner of terminal to register.

No issues registering the rest of the Nexus Terminals.
Last edited by Mark Dev on Tue May 19, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korovev

Post by Korovev »

When deleting an avatar, the second (red) alert doesn’t go away until clicking on Cancel. The avatar is in fact deleted. Both Prime and Alpha, in Alpha I also needed to click on the avatar to see it disappear.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Minkata #132812, Gehn #137074.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

No issues with the update to #176, no requests to approve changes to my laptop came through this time (but maybe that was because I had approved the changes to #174).

Still playing through, but all good so far. Picked up all the GZ markers OK, completed the cleft without problems.

Confirmed Korov'ev's issue with avvie deletion.

Got a bit stuck on the broken Ki machine in Descent, but came loose after a bit. The nexus terminal in the GZ also seemed a bit sticky. Confirmed Mark Dev's observation about getting stuck on the nexus terminal at the Ferry Terminal and needing to jump to get clear.

Edited, 21 May - no stickiness today. Not even the fish tank. Descent Ki machine ok today too. Continuing to play through, uneventfully.
Last edited by Treehugger on Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mark Dev

Post by Mark Dev »

Great Zero
Green and red markers collected with no issues.

Er'cana
First time in pellet oven room. All ovens off. While riding the platform up I walked into the first exit to the left before the platform reached the top and the avatar fell out of the world and panic linked.

Returned to Er'cana, brought the platform down and tried again. Fell into the space below the platform and had to link out.

Tried running at the first exit on the right while the platform was moving up and, just over half way up, the avatar ran off the platform and fell into the space below. Got stuck so linked out. Same with the other two exits.

Linked back to Er'cana and waited for the platform to stop before approaching the edge, which I guess it what a player is expected to do. Continued playing age no problem.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

No issues at all downloading the new build in Prime or Alpha.
Each time I relog into Alpha over the last two days, everything from the new areas is downloaded again. Expected behavior I assume.

No new problems when reusing old avatars. I plan on starting over with a new Avi tonight.

Besides the new open area in The Watchers Pub - many of the invisible barriers have been lowered. You can now jump off the railings in the upper balconyto the floor - unlike in MOULa. No big deal IMO but listed here to be complete.

All the new stuff is just BEAUTIFUL. Definitely wonderful additions to CYAN's earlier efforts.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Brand new avatar I purposefully did things backwards - figuring some returnees to MOULa might also want to just peak at the new stuff first.
Created the avatar visited all three new areas after getting a Ki only - no Cleft game-play.
Everything works great besides the prior report of lower then CYAN-normal collision walls everywhere.
The New Stuff First approach caused no issues completing the Cleft and starting the initial four Ages.

One difference from MOULa, that I assume is just a missed adjustment: Chat font size is much smaller than normal. I tried readjusting the Ki's chat size slider. It ranges from impossibly tiny to smaller than normal (again on MOULa). On behalf of the older eyes of many players, we'd like the bigger chat text back before the build is rolled over.
Thanks

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”