minkata Update Build #199 2020.07.26

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

minkata Update Build #199 2020.07.26

Post by rarified »

Shorah Explorers!

Build #199 is a possible fix for the crash-on-exit that has manifested itself on completing marker games, Ahnonay, and other.

Please give it a try with your favorite way of crashing build #198 ;)

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
dgelessus

Re: minkata Update Build #199 2020.07.26

Post by dgelessus »

Completely unrelated to anything that this build is supposed to fix: I just had another issue with falling through the floor after exiting the Teledahn elevator. This time I started at the top (in the office), went two floors down (to the shroom hut), then ran out of the elevator, roughly towards the left corner of the railing (looking from inside the elevator). My avatar fell through the walkway onto the floor of the water basin, and the third-person camera became very confused and went all the way back up to the office. I haven't tried reproducing this yet.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

I fell through the floor there too but in 198.
Aquarium second push of button - no response - had to leave age and come back
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Hoikas wrote:These delays are due to long response times with the server when negotiating exclusive locks. They've been an occasional issue throughout the history of Minkata, though they do seem a bit worse tonight. The issue won't be present on MOULa, which is hosted Amazon's datacenter(s) where connectivity is much better.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Certainly not the right place to post but no idea where is best. One minor difference with the GoMe Pub on CYAN's Staging Server. The linking book back to the Chiso Library in the bar supply area backroom is missing - making the trip back a bit longer. Since the Staging Server was recently updated to include the warning note on the linking book, I'm assuming it is supposed to identical to the Minkata version.
rarified

Post by rarified »

HenryMikel wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 pm Certainly not the right place to post but no idea where is best. One minor difference with the GoMe Pub on CYAN's Staging Server. The linking book back to the Chiso Library in the bar supply area backroom is missing - making the trip back a bit longer. Since the Staging Server was recently updated to include the warning note on the linking book, I'm assuming it is supposed to identical to the Minkata version.
The books in the Pub can be made to appear and disappear with configurations on the server. It may be Minkata’s configuration is different than MOULa.

The staging server is already behind Minkata by a couple of versions, so there will be a little divergence until the next delivery to Cyan.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”