Noticed things in newest update.

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

CalumTraveler

Noticed things in newest update.

Post by CalumTraveler »

Did a run through of the new changes to places and noticed a few things. Not sure if bugs or errors or w/e but playing it safe over sorry.

Veelay: Waves are doing something kind of weird with the ripples around the islands, and seem a lot more energetic than i remember them being before (though I could be misremembering that.) Texture seems to be clipping/flickering with the wave's movement, only way i can really describe it. Everything else in age seems good though.
Spoiler

Chiso: all the New book clickables work in that i can open and close the books, but there's no text in them (I'm guessing the text is not applied yet?) Also I dont see any opening/closing cover interactions with them either. Also Lighting is weird but I'm guessing it's intentionally so for testing at the moment? New Book models look good though!

GoMePub: lights are missing from tables? not sure if sdl state or something went wrong.
Spoiler
Cone physics work fine, no sound plays though, not sure if intentional.

Haven't seen anything else noticably off yet.
HenryMikel

Re: Noticed things in newest update.

Post by HenryMikel »

Tried everything new. Linking into the new Fan Ages seems a bit slow - even the second time I returned.
Agree with Calum that it's a bit stormy and the waves are "energetic".

Chiso's new books open and close. ATM they are empty and you can't see the covers.

The GoMe Pub's cone behave correctly. Although I may have caused one to be stuck between the bar and a stool. Hopefully it will re-spawn eventually.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I don't remember the light from the big windows in Chiso previously making patterns on the avvie. It does now. (Maybe I'm just forgetting.) But the avvie casts no shadow.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

To respond to all your points:

- Veelay's waves: yeah, something went weird with those after some Korman changes since the last official update. I may just remove them entirely as they've become more trouble than they're worth. It's so dark outside, they probably won't be missed anyway.

- Chiso: The books should work. I'm assuming the new LOC for Chiso hasn't been included in the manifest yet? As for the lighting, that is new projection lamps to cast the window pattern onto the avatar. I've tweaked them as much as possible, and honestly, that's the best result I've come up with. It's not perfect, I know...but neither is the Plasma engine they use. I CAN get them to cast a shadow from the avatar though, so I'll add that back in.

- Pub: the cones do not have attached sounds yet. That's something that still needs to be added to Korman, but for now, they're there to kick around and have the usual fun. The missing lights ARE due to an SDL file update that I forgot to give rarified (now pushed to the appropriate GitHub branch, so stay tuned).

Thank you to everyone who's checked things out with an objective eye so far. Keep these suggestions coming!
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Dr. Johnson has advised me that his initial inspection report is available now.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”