Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Mark Dev

Re: Minkata Update Build #264 2021.01.19

Post by Mark Dev »

Continued journey of the shell.

Er'cana
Left the pellets cooking.

Collected all cloths and visited Bahro cave. No issues.

Ahnonay
Collected Relto pages and completed all tasks that can be done solo.

Only issue was on first visit to pod 3, the space pod. Jump stopped working, then the avatar stopped turning left and right when using the mouse but would turn when using the cursor keys. Shutdown the game and restarted. The issue did not happen again throughout the several passes through the age to collect the pages and prepare the age for the co-op part.

Minkata
Solved Minkata with no issues. Retrieved the ring from the Bahro cave.

Did not look for the ball.

Jalak
Played with the control panel. raised and lowered the pillars, dropped some shapes. All looked to be working fine.

Eder Tsogol
Visited age for the Relto page. Ran around but did not experience any issues.

Eder Delin
Collected both Relto pages. Ran around age without issues.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

Ercana: No mechanical sounds when riding the cart up into the factory
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I just rode the harvester in both directions and the sounds were normal.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Treehugger wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:39 am I just rode the harvester in both directions and the sounds were normal.
I thought that was the case for me as well, a couple of days after deploying this release.

__R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

rarified wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:22 pm
Treehugger wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:39 am I just rode the harvester in both directions and the sounds were normal.
I thought that was the case for me as well, a couple of days after deploying this release.

__R
Absolutely no problems with any sounds in Er'cana for me.
Mark Dev wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 am Only issue was on first visit to pod 3, the space pod. Jump stopped working, then the avatar stopped turning left and right when using the mouse but would turn when using the cursor keys. Shutdown the game and restarted. The issue did not happen again throughout the several passes through the age to collect the pages and prepare the age for the co-op part.
This commonly happens to me in both the official and Minkata Shard's Sphere 3 Space... maybe 1 in every 3 visits especially after I've been online for at least 1/2 hour. Logging out of the Sphere and returning usually fixes it for me.

In the GoMe Pub I can't see any "New Years" decorations besides the new D'ni Musical Sensation: "Eddy and The Cones"

Just to let you know someone noticed: In Veelay the Canen is missing but all the names in the Memorial books, including the newest, are present.

I have been thru all the single player Ages and have noticed no other differences. All previous Marker games I made still work as well as the R/G ones and the GZM ones.

I plan on trying to boot up my original XP system tomorrow morning to try and freshly install the Minkata Shard on it.

And an off topic note... I'm very honored that my name now appears IC online in the new added Chiso book set "Activity In The Cavern" And as someone who's most recent years nearly qualified me for VeeLay I can say without reservation that paging through the Memorial Book Entries always brings back wonderful memories amidst some tears. Thanks to all of you who have worked so tirelessly and without compensation to bring these new Ages (and hopefully lots more) to all of us grateful, but rarely vocal, fans.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Reminder that the GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp is out of date, preventing most of the holiday deco from appearing as expected. When that is fixed, we should probably test all of the variations of the deco for lighting issues at some point.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hoikas wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:52 am Reminder that the GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp is out of date, preventing most of the holiday deco from appearing as expected. When that is fixed, we should probably test all of the variations of the deco for lighting issues at some point.
GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp on Minkata is the same as in Doobes’ repository on the branch he pointed me to:

Code: Select all

FanContent/Doobes/moul-assets.g/compiled/dat$ md5sum GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp 
76c5e2ab3757b2e14de9a4529045abfa  GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp

FanContent/Doobes/moul-assets.g/compiled/dat$ git branch
  GreatTreePub-Minkata
* MOULa-Dec2020
  master

FanContent/Doobes/moul-assets.g/compiled/dat$ git 
If there is a “correct” version, please send a pointer.

_R
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

This is the current file I have from Minkata as of my previous post:

PS G:\Plasma\Games\Minkata Shard\dat> md5sum GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp
dc9dc342572687e6a34d0fede333f9ba *GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp
The one you reference in your post is the most recent.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

I said no mechanical sounds on The Cart, NOT the harvester. When you get to the end and ride the cart up into the factory.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hoikas wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:34 am This is the current file I have from Minkata as of my previous post:

PS G:\Plasma\Games\Minkata Shard\dat> md5sum GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp
dc9dc342572687e6a34d0fede333f9ba *GoMePubNew_District_Holidays.prp
The one you reference in your post is the most recent.
Ok, I didn't add Holidays to the manifest list for GoMePubNew. I suspect what is in your Minkata area is a version you used for testing earlier.

I plead mercy as I incorporated the new release shortly after I came off narcotic pain medication from surgery when I updated Minkata.

Plus, the commit logs for the released assets had no mention of a new PRP to add.

[moul-assets repository]
. More Age Fixes
. RT Shadow Fix
. Lighting updates
. Chiso and Veelay Update
. MOULa December 2020 Update
Minkata has been updated with the new manifest, and I have confirmed it was updated on my Minkata installation.

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”