where to post Minkata alpha issues?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

where to post Minkata alpha issues?

Post by Treehugger »

I'm new to Alpha and so don't know if this is meant to happen: when travelling from the nexus to the watchers' pub, the screen goes black for around 6 seconds before the spinning circle appears; from the watchers' pub to Chiso, the black screen lasts around 15 seconds before the spinning circle (sometimes there is a brief flash of it and then it disappears again); the record is Chiso to the new pub, which gave me 23 seconds of black screen. I don't get the same experience with Minkata prime - when there is updating of one of the new ages on Prime, I get the normal spinning circle so I can see what is happening. I have tested one shard immediately before or after the other so it shouldn't be an internet traffic problem.....

I wasn't sure where to post this: please move if it shouldn't be here!

Edited: More thorough testing, with the same account and same avvie on each version of Minkata, shows that the linking delay is a problem for one avvie only, and on both shards. So it's not a problem with alpha. Sorry! :oops: It's still a mystery why this is happening but I can just stop using that avvie so it's an easy fix :lol: .

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Re: where to post Minkata alpha issues?

Post by rarified »

Sorry, Treehugger -- I was deep in fixing something else. As usual. :roll:

I set up a service desk for Minkata and Minkata-alpha. You can find it here: https://foundry.openuru.org/jira/servic ... /portal/11

Let's give it a try to iron out the kinks.

Thanks,
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hazado

Post by Hazado »

Logged in:
https://foundry.openuru.org/jira/servic ... /portal/11
Doesn't work yet. I get a page with following text.

"You do not have permission to view this Portal."
"Raise a request (https://foundry.openuru.org/jira/servic ... er/portals)"

No option to choose Minkata Alpha shard on that portal page.
Just Moula and Moula Staging server

Logged out:
Text is as follows

Code: Select all

Don't Panic!

You don't need an account to submit a bug.

Choose:
"Click here to raise a request
without an account."
No option anywhere to "click here to raise a request", just log in.

EDIT:
I see the click here to raise a request option!
Still no option for minkata alpha portal.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Yes, @rarified, I'm afraid your link takes me to a login screen that doesn't work with my saved login (and I don't know what login it needs) and it's not showing me the link to submit issues without an account.

I think we reported this problem when you first set up the portal and asked us to submit test "issues" for MOULa, but I don't remember the work-round.

In researching which login I was meant to use, I found this forum post from JWPlatt
A word on whether to use Support.OpenUru.org or the Foundry Service Desk:
Use the Foundry Service Desk for Cyan Worlds Myst Online Uru Live again (MOULa) support.
Use Support.OpenUru.org for OpenUru.org support, including the Minkata shards.
I.e., The Foundry Service Desk provides the ability to submit bugs and requests for MOULa, which we’re doing as a community service for MOULa users. Support.OpenUru.org is targeted at bugs in the Minkata shards and other OpenUru.org properties or services. Those wishing to help with testing before submission to MOULa would do so at Support.OpenUru.org. While both are run by OpenUru.org, they serve disjoint user communities.
So is support.openuru.org now superseded?

I clicked on "forgot your password" on your new login, but the link wouldn't load.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
CaptainQuery

Post by CaptainQuery »

I wasn't sure where to post my issue as the new service desk is not working yet so I will start here. I have not been able to connect to Minkata Alpha for several days. When I try to connect the usual command window opens and checking for patcher update opens. Everything just sits there with no additional progress. I believe I read on Discord of a potential issue with a new server. Do we have a system issue or is it limited to just me? Nothing has changed on my end and I have been into Minkata Alpha countless times over the last couple of years. Thanks.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

CaptainQuery wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:50 pm I wasn't sure where to post my issue as the new service desk is not working yet so I will start here. I have not been able to connect to Minkata Alpha for several days. When I try to connect the usual command window opens and checking for patcher update opens. Everything just sits there with no additional progress. I believe I read on Discord of a potential issue with a new server. Do we have a system issue or is it limited to just me? Nothing has changed on my end and I have been into Minkata Alpha countless times over the last couple of years. Thanks.
I just went into Alpha OK, CaptainQuery. But some of the newly-amended ages take upwards of ten minutes to load, for me, so there are some funny things going on. There was a lot of activity on the OpenUru Discord over the past few hours, so all is not well with alpha, but you should still be able to get on unless you were unlucky and tried just when Rarified was doing something....

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Treehugger, Hazado and all,

My apologies for creating this confusion. I was jumping the gun on pointing you at the "Service Desk" for Minkata-alpha. As you found in JW's post, we already had space in the existing bug tracker at http://support.openuru.org assigned for all Minkata shard varients. I had created entries in the Service Desk for the Minkata shards, but had hidden them at the moment for use in a future time if needed. I had forgotten the agreed-upon division of categories.

So JW is correct, file bugs for Minkata-alpha that can't be resolved with brevity to http://support.openuru.org.

Now, where is that Prevagen I've been hearing about. I've forgotten... ;)

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”