2021.12 OpenUru delivery to MOULa is coming up!

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

2021.12 OpenUru delivery to MOULa is coming up!

Post by rarified »

Apologies for being AWOL for a while from the forums. Our Artists, Designers, Programmers and Testers have kept me incredibly busy these last few months alpha testing and iterating over the updates we will bringing to MOULa later this month!

I have almost fully transferred all of the updates into the main Minkata shard. This means it is time to really give Minkata a shakedown before we send it to Cyan and inflict it on the general Uru community. We need your participation to make this work.

I'll be putting together a more precise list of changes to go into the release notes, but here is an off-the-top-of-my-head list of the goodies in this update:
  • [content, spoiler] A new age from Ametist ... Tiam ... is going to be available to be explored.
  • Telescope(s) appear correctly on ultra-wide monitors
  • Many graphic fixes to Ercana
  • Snow is falling in Serene
  • The Serene journal book has been expanded
  • New textures for fabrics in the Baron's City Office and Teledahn
  • A new Relto page has been created to customize your Relto
  • Lots of fixes and edits to journal books
  • The Kirel podium has a new capability
  • ChisoPreniv (the fan library) has new book additions
  • The Guild of Messenger's Pub has been polished
  • K'veer has been polished
  • New clothing items have been added, and some clothing names have been clarified
  • [client] The garbled crash stack traces have been fixed, they now contain useful information for our developers.
  • [client] When new audio files are downloaded, the cache on your computer is correctly updated so you don't get garbled sound or the wrong sound track.
  • [client] The client will no longer apply incorrect settings for newer graphics cards, particularly AMD, so the game can be played on newer machines.
As you can see a lot has gone into this update. If you can, please visit Minkata to help this update be the best we can make it. If you don't want to use a spoiler, that's fine, but there are a lot of fixes to the existing ages and areas that need to be checked as well.

Looking forward to your feedback here or in the OpenUru Discord #test channel!

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”