Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

jek

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by jek »

Mac_Fife wrote:
jek wrote:I am running Win 7. The closest I have to what is being shown is c:\users\jon\My Documents\Uru Live.

Thanks for the encouragement janaba
jek - can you confirm whether youve been able to locate the Uru Live Minkata Shard folder yet, so we know whether or not you still need help?
As you know from a bug report yes I have found the folder, but it is not in C:\users\jon\my documents\.... but in the administrator account on my PC. On my pc the administrator is named myron as leaving it administrator is just too easy a target. In c:\users\myron\my documents\uru minkata shard exists. I normally use my computer logged in as jon and that login is not a local admin. I do this for security purposes to avoid the nasties out there in the ether. I also play Uru Minkata and all other Uru's from my jon profile. The log files are being collected in the folder in the Myron profile. Not sure if this is what was intended.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Thx for your comments I appreciate them :D

Eder Tsogal alone is quite impressive too ehren!!! As for Delin alone, I don't think your way of solving it would ever be possible or maybe yes: if all clothes are assigned an increasing number and you can turn clockwise or counter-clockwise.

As for the Guild of Griefers' Hood, I never felt insecure visiting it. I never encountered the 2 members in a public age. As long as they don't grief and they created that hood for fun I'm ok. If something occurs (and I'm not pointing them, I do think they made it as a goof), I'll report it in a ticket.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

jek wrote:I also play Uru Minkata and all other Uru's from my jon profile. The log files are being collected in the folder in the Myron profile. Not sure if this is what was intended.
It's not really what's intended. It should go into the current user's profile, and normally that's what does happen.

I have to guess that you upgraded from XP to Win 7 given the existence of "My Documents" folders, and that could be the key factor here: I don't really know what happens with user profiles in those circumstances, and there's probably a difference depending on whether it was XP Home or XP Professional due to each having different security models, so your experience could be useful for anyone else in the same position.
Annabelle wrote:As for the Guild of Griefers' Hood, I never felt insecure visiting it.
Actually, I assumed it was created in response to our remarks at the AGM a while back when we said that when we got the enhanced /ignore feature to test that we'd need some griefers to test it ;).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I can provide a list of Griefers... :lol: I don't think they will appreciate that but since they send me PM below the waist, I wouldn't care at all.

I could activate the option of only receiving PM from buddies. The thing is that I don't want to. They usually just stand a chance to tell me what they want or think of me after that they get on a black list in my KI. After that, if you always wonder why I spend most of the time on MOULa in private ages or on other servers there's the explanation :)
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
jek

Post by jek »

Mac_Fife wrote:
jek wrote:I also play Uru Minkata and all other Uru's from my jon profile. The log files are being collected in the folder in the Myron profile. Not sure if this is what was intended.
It's not really what's intended. It should go into the current user's profile, and normally that's what does happen.

I have to guess that you upgraded from XP to Win 7 given the existence of "My Documents" folders, and that could be the key factor here: I don't really know what happens with user profiles in those circumstances, and there's probably a difference depending on whether it was XP Home or XP Professional due to each having different security models, so your experience could be useful for anyone else in the same position.
Annabelle wrote:As for the Guild of Griefers' Hood, I never felt insecure visiting it.
Actually, I assumed it was created in response to our remarks at the AGM a while back when we said that when we got the enhanced /ignore feature to test that we'd need some griefers to test it ;).

I don't think this is an upgrade but a clean install. I may have used the MS files and settings transfer to move my data. I don't like doing upgrades but prefer a clean install of an operating system. Anyway I just made user jon a member of the administrators group and then started the game as jon. I noticed right off that the graphics settings were at default and reset them and had to restart the game. I checked my folder structure and now jon has a Minkata Shard folder! So I guess the best bet for installing and playing the game is to do so in a profile that is a member of the administrators group.

Edit:
I resolved the confusion about the path or "my documents". In Win 7 the Explorer or My Computer window shows Libraries and below that "Documents". If you go to Local Disk C and expand to Users and expand the desired user you will see My Documents. I believe we just have a confusion about where we are looking at the same thing.
Nev'yn

Post by Nev'yn »

Sorry, I don't have a lot of time today...

Can someone direct me to where proposed fixes and features should go? It was mentioned over in the Moula forums that the area around the GZ Ki-coordinates are flipped. Perhaps we can look intro fixing it in a future update? (When I say "we", I don't actually mean me...My computer progamming skill is nilch with anything used at this timepoint, but you know what I mean!)

I figured people here probably saw the post, but just thought I should bring it up "officially", even if it's about something minor.

Anys, TtyLaterz!!!

EDIT: Leo just posted about this over on MOULa about this...It seems to not be an error, so I guess nevermind?!?
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Nevyn's Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
angelmyst17

Post by angelmyst17 »

...skip it...found the answer..:)
Last edited by angelmyst17 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The aura remaining when I leave the Cavern KI 37385
rarified

Post by rarified »

The Minkata shard was updated to use the latest files that were updated from Cyan's MOULa game.

Yoú'll need to follow the instructions at the end of the last update announcement to continue using Minkata. It's not hard, you just need to copy some changed files.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”