Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Ricard

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by Ricard »

Anxious to participate, I will take this opportunity add my $.02 to the discussion.

I am running Vista x64. I am happy to report that everything about the Minkata shard is working perfectly for me, so far. (After a slightly "bumpy" installation updating 3 times with the "...file not found" problem.)

My logs are here:
C:\Users\Me\Documents\Uru Live Minkata Shard\Log

I'm hoping to help with the bug reporting, but I can't find any!
Thanks to you all for your outstanding work. This shard is the best.
~R
regards,
Rodney Recor ~ Minkata KI# 49587
" How can I possibly be overdrawn when I have all these checks left?! "
Typos in my posts really do not proove that I am stupid. Other things maybe, but not that.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

jek wrote:I am running Win 7. The closest I have to what is being shown is c:\users\jon\My Documents\Uru Live.

Thanks for the encouragement janaba
jek - can you confirm whether youve been able to locate the Uru Live Minkata Shard folder yet, so we know whether or not you still need help?
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

Spent a couple hours on the shard today with nary a problem. I even got in the Teledahn Bucket first try. THAT is always a special day for me :)

Maybe now I will finish another age before the stress test!
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
angelmyst17

Post by angelmyst17 »

Okay..what am I not reading? the sparklie was on today......Minkata sparklie, in second Kiva.......I am sure I must have missed reading something somewhere. I have the sparklie, am I suppose to have it???lol let me know...really I did not mean to...:)
The aura remaining when I leave the Cavern KI 37385
rarified

Post by rarified »

The Minkata sparklie was turned on when the fix to make it work properly was added to the Minkata shard.

Yes, you are welcome to collect it! Congratulations!

I hope you''ll come visit during the stress test and try to collect them all while they're turned on. After the test we'll go back to the sparklie-of-the-month calendar schedule.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
angelmyst17

Post by angelmyst17 »

Great..I had already planned to join the stress test. So all sparlies will disappear and I will have to get Minkata again??..All good..I have my "strategy" well planned. My terribly competitive spirit is having a blast with this...lol
The aura remaining when I leave the Cavern KI 37385
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Hello OU community :)

I logged into Minkata tonight and here is some observations:

Visit to Eder Delin

I decided to test to see if the bahro cave of Eder Delin was behaving well. Since I don't think people found a party of 8 to open the door there, I decided to do it my way :D

I made a quest, took me 5 mins, I know the route

Got here

This is the ultimate result

All went well inside the bahro cave. I got my wedge and jumped into the void, I reltoed out like it's supposed to be.

I'm just telling this to inform the community since I don't think the garden age's bahro cave has been tested yet.

I can share my quest if you want but I didn't put any instructions. Like all my personal quest I don't need instructions. You must know what you do, need skydiver instinct ;)

Visit to Eder Tsogal

For that I had to seek for a neighborhood with a Tsogal Garden. I found one...Guild of Griefers' hood.

Ok what's the point here? Maybe I don't have a twisted sense of humor. I don't find that funny at all! We already have more than enough of griefers on MOULa they are a plague on the official server, why create that hood?

Being a shard admin, I would killed this hood right away! I find this really mean. Maybe the two explorers behind this "goof" hood aren't griefers but I don't think that kind of humor has its place on a test shard. We are not testing the twisted sense of humor of explorers on Minkata!!! We are testing the game itself!

I went in Tsogal to grab my grass relto page. I can't climb on collisions in Tsogal :cry:
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

So you got the Delin Wedge alone? I got the Tsogal Wedge alone, so together we have a whole one... But my talent isn't to be able to do something like walking way up on the edge of an age to get behind the door, I just did all the cloths by myself. All it takes is remembering the number locations, being fast, and getting a good combination. Was never able to do Delin alone though.

What this shows though, is that in theory both wedges can be obtained by yourself, even if it might need two different skills.

I'm really amazed at what you can do
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

:o You two are impressive! 8-)

Just FYI: I created "A Tsogahl" hood specifically to make it easier for people to find it since all the DRC hoods were getting Delins. Guess I need to toggle it more often.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Griefers' hood; if they had any real intentions of doing serious harm, I'm sure they wouldn't advertise it that way.... if I'm wrong, then they're stupid and will be easy to catch. ;)

Keep in mind that this shard is meant to mimic MOULA as closely as possible and that's the kind of thing that would happen on MOULA. Cyan wouldn't remove a hood like that, so I don't think rarified should here, either. Please don't let it bother it.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hi folks, I've been a little preoccupied outside OU at the moment.

Briefly, I'd prefer not to be very reactive to something at the level of provocative names (unless they're patently offensive). I knew about this neighborhood shortly after it was created and have been waiting to see if any real griefing is taking place. So far no one has mentioned such behavior. So I decided to give this as little publicity as possible.

For the time being I'm going to let things stand as is, and will assume everyone will behave responsibly. Please don't betray this trust.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”