Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Dot

Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by Dot »

Where should discussions about the test shard take place? Where should we report potential bugs or problems?

For example, I have just linked back to Relto for the first time after collecting KI, then going to the city and adding nexus links to Tokatah and the Library, then going to Minkata to get the linking book, and I find that the door and windows to the Relto hut have closed though I opened them before I went to the hood.
Tai'lahr

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by Tai'lahr »

Oh, I noticed that, too. But, I was preoccupied with other issues at the time, so didn't give it much thought.

I would greatly appreciate a section here for these kinds of discussions so that I can direct the people to it who are coming to me with questions.

Also, when the bug reporting system is set up (or needs to be tested), everyone can be notified at once.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hi Dot!

I'm working on the issue about not remembering things you've done (it's called "age state") right now. Hope to have a fix in soon.

Making this topic is fine for now, we're still talking about where the permanent home for the shard discussion should go.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Yep, add posts here for now. What I'm thinking is that we should create a section inside the CWE Projects category for the shard discussions (and maybe hide the Cyan Server section for now since there is no Cyan server code to discuss yet anyway).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Section? Or forum?
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I said "section", but I meant "forum" :oops:
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Done, and topic moved.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I believe I've found the problem, and have updated the current server with the proposed fix. Please try to reproduce the problem and let us know if it has been resolved.

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Dot

Post by Dot »

So far, so good...

Thanks, rarified!
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I read this written by Rarified:
Once you are in the game on the test shard, go through some of the basics (Avatar setup, grabbing a KI, etc). If you have favorite easter eggs or glitches you know about in MOULa, try them to see if they are present and behave identically to MOULa. The current build of the game will likely be a bit slower than MOULa, as we have enabled a lot of debugging output in the client, and that takes time while the game is running.
I tried in a space of 2 hours 2 hours and a half approximately 50-60 glitches and they all need severe corrections because they have to be done WAY faster than in MOULa with the same PC.

I know it's a test shard and I don't look forward to make any quest or play for long stretches of time but there's something going on.

On another matter, I'm greatly impressed with the shard so far! I ran into some crashes but that is my usual day to day experience as I always push the gameplay to its limit. I didn't go to the GZ yet so I don't know how markers behave yet.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”