Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

JWPlatt

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by JWPlatt »

Annabelle wrote:I tried in a space of 2 hours 2 hours and a half approximately 50-60 glitches and they all need severe corrections because they have to be done WAY faster than in MOULa with the same PC.
Wow, thanks! Can you give us a few examples?
Perfect speed is being there.
DMom2K Darwin

Post by DMom2K Darwin »

I have found two issues so far:

Teledahn -
1. The old elevator bug is still there. When going from lowest level to middle level in the big shroom, the screen did the sudden change to the outside horizon and then back again.
2. When I got through the cave, I opened the water gate and walked out to the broken walkway and started to jump to bring it down to the shroom, I crashed to desktop. I will go back in and see if I can reproduce...

Other than those two issues, this has run very, very well for me.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

@DMon2K Darwin - on 1., we've had a ticket submitted on this already and I think it's a long standing issue on wide screen formats, and not something specific to the Minkata setup. It's nice to have some additional reports on it though ;)
If you find 2. recurring then please ticket it - http://support.openuru.org/
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
DMom2K Darwin

Post by DMom2K Darwin »

I will, Mac, another try got me a stack dump and will go back couple more times and try again, saving the logs for each event as well. Danged walkway sure doesn't want to go down onto the shroom too!

**tried it again and another stack dump and it is happening every time I try jumping up and down.

Ticket submitted. W9J-235-EWD7
kengehr627

Post by kengehr627 »

In testing, I have noticed that Gahreesen has a major glitch. When trying to access the gear room, once you jump into the crack in the wall you can not get back out to either the gear/power room or the original access hole. Has anyone else tested this age or noticed the bug? I have filed a bug ticket with the openuru.org ticket system.
Anaerin

Post by Anaerin »

kengehr627 wrote:In testing, I have noticed that Gahreesen has a major glitch. When trying to access the gear room, once you jump into the crack in the wall you can not get back out to either the gear/power room or the original access hole. Has anyone else tested this age or noticed the bug? I have filed a bug ticket with the openuru.org ticket system.
I get the same thing. There are also several animations that just aren't firing, for example
In Teledahn
  • The "Tower raise" animation, when you've pressed the button for a third time
  • The "Getting into the bucket" animation (Camera just slowly pans forward into the bucket, and stays there (inside the bucket) for the ride, then pans out of the bucket to show you standing on the fan platform
  • The "Sitting down" animation at the drainage control panel
  • Animations on leaving the two telescopes in the drainage control room
In the Bahro Cave
  • After getting the 3rd pole from Gira/Kemo, I started running towards the void only to CTD
That's all I've run across so far, but I'm still testing.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

The problem getting into the Gahreesen power room occurred sometimes in MOULa too, so that's a "known issue", but it's somewhat randon and restarting and retrying will often get you through.

I completed Teledahn, and didn't see any of the problems Anaerin saw with the animations there :? . I wonder if the relevant animations maybe haven't been copied over from the MOULa installation?
Mac_Fife
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Nothing to report here from running on Windows 7 (inside Parallels on Mac OS), other than that file downloads are extremely slow. The 58 MB client download using the launcher took almost 2 hours, and the Python/SDL download after login regularly takes about 7 to 10 minutes. In the game, everything I tried so far worked well (or at least no less well than on MOULa). No animation problems in Teledahn. Many things even work that don’t work with typical non-Cyan CWE builds, such as camera swings while climbing ladders, due to the older PhysX version.

On my other computer on Windows XP I’m having some trouble with the launcher though. Most of the time, it would get stuck at “checking for patcher update”, sometimes it would proceed to “connecting to server” and get stuck there. I usually killed it after about 15 minutes of inactivity. It feels a lot like in the first days of MOULa, when the servers were totally overloaded. Only once it made it to “checking for updates” and then downloaded some stuff, but at the end fell into a loop of downloading PhysX_Setup.exe over and over again, displaying 0 seconds / 0 MB remaining all the time. After about the third time, it stopped with an error dialog “Error downloading file from server, exiting…”, and now it’s back stuck on “checking for patcher update”.

I wonder if the loop is because this is on a FAT32 volume and PhysX_Setup.exe has an odd modification date – I seem to remember that FAT32 only has a 2-second date resolution.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I find the downloads slow too, but not nearly as bad as Christian Walther has been seeing - I think the initial download took maybe 30 minutes or so, and from login to the avatar selection screen is generally around 90 seconds or so, and I'm using an old, slow, XP PC here.
Mac_Fife
Dot

Post by Dot »

I've now had two CTDs when jumping into the starry void from the bahro cave -- once from Gahreesen and just now from Eder Kemo (like Anaerin above). This second time Yeesha didn't start speaking, but I was still able to grab the pole and jump. I'll post a Hesk ticket and a compressed log.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”