Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

janaba

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by janaba »

Now you made me thinking and pondering haha ... I really don't remember having discovered
or done anything special ... However, now I will enjoy my gift even more, thanks, a'moaca' ... :D
jek

Post by jek »

I am curious if everyone else has the folder that was supposed to be created in your My Documents (XP) or Documents (Win 7) that I read about in the Jan 24 update notes? I don't find it in my folder structure at all. I did have to re-enter the log on credentials as it was said would happen and I did have to re-set the various video or whatever else settings I had previously set. These settings are holding now which is a good thing, hate to have to reset each entrance to the game :evil: . I am just curious about this folder that I don't seem to have but I think was supposed to be created. Thanks,

Lightkeeper
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

If have the "My Documents\Uru Live Minkata Shard" folder, running on XP Pro. I did not copy the old folder first, if that makes a difference. It was created.
Perfect speed is being there.
janaba

Post by janaba »

I also didn't copy it in advance, where should one copy it to lol ... I started Uru and thus got my update
and my new folder 'Uru Live Minkata Shard' ... I entered my login data again and then I logged out to paste
a copy of the 'init' folder and my resp.(KI) avi picture of the former 'Uru Live' folder ... I logged in again
and that's it ...

I don't know what OS you're running, I'm on a Win 7 and I've just copied the correct file path
--> C:\Users\user\Documents\Uru Live Minkata Shard

On my XP before I've had the Uru Live folder as JW mentioned directly under C:\My Documents\Uru Live
Wishing you more luck, finding that folder, Lightkeeper ... :)
jek

Post by jek »

I am running Win 7. The closest I have to what is being shown is c:\users\jon\My Documents\Uru Live.

Thanks for the encouragement janaba
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'd suggest opening a Windows Explorer window, navigate to the C:\ drive, and use the "Find" function to locate the folder with the name "Uru Live Minkata Shard". From your description of the behavior you're seeing, it has to be there somewhere.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Marten

Post by Marten »

The login credentials (the ones that you mention are being properly remembered when you start the client) are stored in the folder you cannot find. :lol:
The music is reversible, but time is not.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Hello, jek, I was just looking and looking and trying everything out with that path lol
and now I see it maybe ... That given path haha --> C:\Users\user\Documents\Uru Live
leads you 'inside' of that folder 'Uru Live', means you cannot see the other folder then lol ... :P

Yeah, sometimes it can happen like that, it is like with those glasses on your nose you're
looking for lol ... However, you'd see the Minkata folder to the left in the directory structure,
but you'll never know, sometimes you don't see something directly before or close to you ...

No, seriously, jek, I believe the best way to find it is to give that search for the Minkata
folder to the Windows find function in the C: directory, as suggested by rarified, then it
definitely must show up if it has been installed properly ... :D
oldmanjob

Post by oldmanjob »

janaba wrote:I also didn't copy it in advance, where should one copy it to lol ... I started Uru and thus got my update
and my new folder 'Uru Live Minkata Shard' ... I entered my login data again and then I logged out to paste
a copy of the 'init' folder and my resp.(KI) avi picture of the former 'Uru Live' folder ... I logged in again
and that's it ...
I have windows7 and did the same as janaba and every thing works fine :D And that is pretty good considering , turning the computer on is the height of my tec skills :o ;) :lol:
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Just for reference, what I did (on XP Pro) was to simply copy my original Uru Live folder and paste the copy back into the My Documents folder, renaming the copy to Uru Live Minkata Shard. In the new copy, I opened the Init folder and deleted the login.dat file and renamed the loginMinkata.dat file to login.dat. Then I ran the launcher to fetch the update. All settings were recovered fuss-free including my saved login details and avatar pics :) .

The same should apply just as well on WIn 7, in the Documents folder.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”