JIRA/Helpdesk Volunteers Needed

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

JWPlatt

JIRA/Helpdesk Volunteers Needed

Post by JWPlatt »

Greetings,

We are providing ridiculously simple help desk support software, "Hesk," for those who are not acquainted with JIRA, our development tracking system on Foundry. You can see and use it at http://support.OpenUru.org. Please see this post for more info about reporting bugs for our test shard.

We need volunteers to review bug reports and feature requests from this basic ticket system, then consolidate support requests into unique issues and enter them into our JIRA tracking system on Foundry. We expect all issue reports to eventually end up submitted as a JIRA issue, even if they do not start there. (For those who are familiar with JIRA, please use it directly to save time and effort.)

Experience with JIRA is a plus. No experience is necessary if you are an independent thinker and eager to learn.

We would really like to give a call out to any Guild of Maintainers members who remain active or would like to reactivate for this purpose. We need you. But this offer is certainly extended to anyone, whoever you are and wherever you hang out.

Please let us know you are interested by signing up and listing any qualifications in this thread.
Perfect speed is being there.
Hoikas

Re: JIRA/Helpdesk Volunteers Needed

Post by Hoikas »

Interested. I think my qualifications are fairly self-evident ;)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Hoikas wrote:Interested. I think my qualifications are fairly self-evident ;)
Wow. Well, yeah. As a Trekkie, I'm reminded of this:
SPOCK: I have been monitoring your Starfleet transmissions, Captain, your engine design difficulties.
SPOCK: I offer my services as Science Officer.
KIRK: If our Executive Officer has no objections...?
DECKER: Of course not. I'm well aware of Mister Spock's qualifications.
KIRK: Mister Chekov, log Mister Spock's Starfleet commission reactivated; list him as Science Officer; both effective immediately.
We'll get you set up.

Thanks!
Perfect speed is being there.
Marten

Post by Marten »

I'm also interested in assisting with this work.

I've used a number of defect tracking systems (bugzilla, gnats, ddts, pvcs tracker) and have a strong interest in learning JIRA.

I also have a pedantic need to organize and cross-reference information (*cough*rel.to*cough*)
The music is reversible, but time is not.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”