Debug log files

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Mac_Fife

Debug log files

Post by Mac_Fife »

As mentioned in rarified's Accessing the OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard posting, the current setup has a lot of debugging features enabled so we have a better idea of what's happening if anyone does find something wrong.

The client build (currently build #65 as identified on the startup messages) in particular saves a log file locally: This is saved in the Uru Live/Log folder inside your My Documents folder (or Documents folder in Win7/Vista). A single log file is created for each day and is overwritten each time you restart the game during that day. Log files have a name similar to UruLiveyymmdd.Live.Log, where yy, mm and dd get replaced by the current year, month and day numbers.

So, three things to note:
  1. It can be useful to attach a copy of your log file to any tickets that your raise: Please Zip or RAR them first to reduce file size.
  2. If you exit the game (or crash out) after encountering a bug and intend to restart the game, please save a copy of the log file before you restart, otherwise the file will be overwritten and the data surrounding your bug will be lost.
  3. These log files can become quite large if you play on the shard for any length of time (a few MB) so you may want to delete old log files just to keep things tidy.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Hoikas

Re: Debug log files

Post by Hoikas »

It would be nice if someone changed the PRODUCT_LONG_NAME so these logs don't get mixed up with the ones from the default internal client. For example, for the GoW Shard, I changed the product long name to Uru Live - Guild of Writers.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Good point, enabling debug was done in the heat of extermination and I missed it. I'll add that to the next builds parameters.

Thanks
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Please note that the location of log files has now moved to "My Documents\Uru Live Minkata Shard\Log" ("Documents\Uru Live Minkata Shard\Log" for Vista and Windows 7).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”