Teledahn elevator issues

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Dot

Teledahn elevator issues

Post by Dot »

Extracted from: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions
DMom2K Darwin wrote:...Teledahn -
1. The old elevator bug is still there. When going from lowest level to middle level in the big shroom, the screen did the sudden change to the outside horizon and then back again.
2. When I got through the cave, I opened the water gate and walked out to the broken walkway and started to jump to bring it down to the shroom, I crashed to desktop. I will go back in and see if I can reproduce...
Mac_Fife wrote:@DMon2K Darwin - on 1., we've had a ticket submitted on this already and I think it's a long standing issue on wide screen formats, and not something specific to the Minkata setup. It's nice to have some additional reports on it though ;)
If you find 2. recurring then please ticket it - http://support.openuru.org/
I reported this in ticket number DBR-B42-SDZZ. Rarified mentioned there that he had also seen it.

I've just tried various resolutions, not just widescreen:
800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, 1600x1200 [4:3];
1280x800, 1680x1050 [16:10];
1280x1024 [5:4]
None of the resolutions tested worked as they should; all showed the outside going up and going down.
DMom2K Darwin

Re: Teledahn elevator issues

Post by DMom2K Darwin »

I remember this being a bug from way, way back that no one was ever able to resolve (Cyan). Since I never crashed when experiencing it I just lived with it when I encountered it in-game, lol.
oldmanjob

Post by oldmanjob »

I did this age this afternoon and did not have any problem with the elevator. It stayed inside like it is suppose to :D :D
But the ramp did not move and I didn't crash when jumping on it.
DMom2K Darwin

Post by DMom2K Darwin »

I mainly crashed when jumping multiple times around the end of the walkway trying to get it to go down. Last night I ran towards the end and jumped as I ran and it finally went down so the running jump near the end of the walkway seems to have done it though I do remember in the past all you had to do was go near the end and jump up and down a couple of times to get it to go down.

All in all, everything is running very smoothly and this is first time I have gone through the game on this particular video card (NVidia GeForce GTX-570 HD) and I still marvel at the absolute beauty of this game and keep noticing new things. Now if the look of the avatars could be updated a bit, lol....
Anaerin

Post by Anaerin »

DMom2K Darwin wrote:All in all, everything is running very smoothly and this is first time I have gone through the game on this particular video card (NVidia GeForce GTX-570 HD) and I still marvel at the absolute beauty of this game and keep noticing new things. Now if the look of the avatars could be updated a bit, lol....
I've got an older GeForce 9600GT, and with that at 1680x1050 I can have all the options cranked. In fact, it's so much more than Uru was designed for that I use the NVidia control panel to override the in-game settings (to 16xAF and 4xTRMS-AA), to get some truly stunning visuals without the "mipmap line" you get from the regular Trilinear filtering, and with oh-so-smooth edges on those (unfortunately sharp) polygons.

Now, if only someone could make a "High Poly" model pack, or update the code & models for HDR and Tesselation. The textures are (for the most part) very nice and high quality, too, though getting higher-def textures couldn't hurt either. That is, howeverer, something that's some time off, I think.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”