Minkata Shard Updates

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Minkata Shard Updates

Post by rarified »

I stand corrected in my terminology!

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Status of Internationalization update:
This is a quick update on the internationalization fixes. At the AGM I had stated our intention to deploy the update early this week. Unfortunately testing has not been as successful as I had hoped, and it's not ready for general release yet. I'm continuing to work on debugging the fix and will update our PING! thread a day in advance of deployment of the changes.

_R
rarified

Minkata Shard Updates 2012.01.12

Post by rarified »

A game and server update tonight:

Changes in this update
  • Game script updates from H'uru team
    • D'Lanor:
      xChatChannelRegion v3.3 - Remove players from private chat channel if they link out
      xKI - Unknown senders of buddy messages are added to the Recents lists
      philBookshelf v1.1 - Hut camera no longer affects others when a player disengages the bookshelf
    • Adam Johnson:
      Fixed Jalak column saving/loading
    Server updates:
    • CJkelly1:
      Changed VaultSendNode handling to make the sending player the owner of the noderef. Also changed the order of the SQL function parameters to match the order in the code.
    • A'moaca':
      Fix SDL filename comparison to be case independent
New or fixed features that need testing
  • With multiple players in Phil's Relto, have someone open and close books from the bookshelf. Other players should not have their "camera"view affected by that player's actions.
  • Have other players add you as a "buddy", then send a message to all buddies. That player should appear in the "recent" KI list.
  • If you have established a private chat channel with others, have one or more of those players link out of the current age. They should disappear from the chat list and not see any further chat messages to that private channel.
  • Confirm you can save and restore Jalak game states
  • Make sure that the sender of a KI message is properly identified in the recipient's received message header.
  • See if the DRC vest is available in Phil's Relto.
As usual, send in bug reports to http://support.openuru.org!
Marten

Re: Minkata Shard Updates 2012.01.12

Post by Marten »

rarified wrote:
  • With multiple players in Phil's Relto, have someone open and close books from the bookshelf. Other players should not have their "camera"view affected by that player's actions.
  • If you have established a private chat channel with others, have one or more of those players link out of the current age. They should disappear from the chat list and not see any further chat messages to that private channel.
On these two items:
(1) I was not aware that one could tamper with the books in Phil's Relto at all - all books should be locked. Only in Complete Chronicles, the Nexus book was unlocked.
(2) What is meant by 'private channel' ? I am only aware of NEIGHBORS and BUDDIES.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Marten wrote:On these two items:
(1) I was not aware that one could tamper with the books in Phil's Relto at all - all books should be locked. Only in Complete Chronicles, the Nexus book was unlocked.
Right. You can't use the books. Oops. But you can click on the bookshelf to look at it closely.
(2) What is meant by 'private channel' ? I am only aware of NEIGHBORS and BUDDIES.
Private channel: That's when you click on a player in the age for a private chat. It should disengage when they link out.
Nev'yn

Post by Nev'yn »

Wow...I actually have something to add here...The camara angle "glitch" occurs sometimes in MOULa. I know because it's happened twice while I was visitng there to work on GoMe KI-mail. (Look, I get bored just standing in my own Relto/Nexus.) Anys, players wandered through and tampered with the bookshelf. It would "flip" my campera angle. Perhaps, this is just one of those hard to duplicate developer/end-user "glitches"???

As for Phil's books being accessible...Well, that's seperate matter entirely...Any neat places I should report on?!?

Count me in on the intial survey team! Lol!!!
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Nevyn's Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

No, private channels are not one-on-one private messages. To set up a private channel, close yourself into one of the five meeting rooms in the hood. When you're in there with the door shut, that's the private channel D'Lanor is fixing. You talk normally and only those in the room with you should hear it.

I believe the issue was that if someone linked out while the door was shut they still received stuff said in the room. It's, ah, been quite a while.
Marten

Post by Marten »

Whew. I like a'm's explanation much better. rarified's caused me to start writing a long ranty thing which now I have deleted and don't need to post. 8-)

Anyway, for people to test 'private channel', it is definitely important for everyone to know what that really means. Thank you a'm!
The music is reversible, but time is not.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

My fault. Rarified and I were pondering what "private channel" meant and I said it's about clicking on someone in the Age Players list for a private chat. Why didn't it just say egg chamber? :oops:
Perfect speed is being there.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Thanks for the clarification. I, too, thought it referred to being in PM with someone in the same age and losing the connection when they linked out. I always thought that was a bug and couldn't understand why someone would want to fix it if it stopped happening. But, since it's come up, is that particular bug in the long list of hopefuls to be fixed someday?

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”