Minkata Shard Updates

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Tai'lahr

Re: Minkata Shard Updates

Post by Tai'lahr »

Christian Walther wrote:I’d be game for repeating Sunday’s thwarted attempt at a TMP field trip on Thursday – more for fun than for serious testing, I was thinking of doing Kadish to give the elevator a beating, checking the Relto bookshelf on the way there, or whatever else we think of.
I'd love to participate in some multi-player testing and should be available on Thursday. Do you have a time in mind?
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

I'd like to do it, but I'll be pretty busy Thursday. :|
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Tai'lahr wrote:I'd love to participate in some multi-player testing and should be available on Thursday. Do you have a time in mind?
The same time as Sunday, 13:00 KI / 19:00 UTC, would be good for me, or up to about an hour earlier. Or various earlier times throughout the day. Not later.
rarified wrote:After Friday, however, I'm going to be away and only checking things occasionally for two weeks.
I guess that answers the question that I was going to ask you about who of us will prepare and push the updates to CWE-ou/MOULSCRIPT-ou this weekend. Can you make sure that I have all required permissions on Foundry and Bitbucket before you leave? I can have a draft ready by Friday for your review, but I’d rather not push it before Sunday in case we still find anything that needs to be fixed.
janaba

Post by janaba »

As I had no time to further explore with my new avi I just thought it'd be maybe interesting to leave
all the ages uncompleted to have them available for tomorrow for a special multiplayer functionality
and fun testing ... We could explore and complete one or the other age together with the focus on
special functions and server or PhysiX behaviors etc. multiplayer-wise most needed to be challenged ... :P

If you, Christian, rarified or any other of our magicians have already other special treats, checks and
'things' in mind we can proceed in that direction ... I just wanted to mention that there are thus many
more options available to do (test) something and of course have some fun ... :)

As of the time, that isn't very easy to answer thinking of different timezones ... Maybe I could offer a
broader timeframe (as the start time for the gathering) starting from 11:00 am KI time (= 19:00 pm
my time GMT+2) to about 14:00 pm KI time (= 22:00 pm my time) for a meeting, and now you, esp.
our American friends, could narrow that down to an acceptable meeting point in time for you ...

Yeah, that's what I have to say and to offer to start that 'party' ... and I pass that talking stick ... :D

Edit: It just came to me and I really don't know why I myself and nobody else, at least not yet publicly lol,
thought of a gathering today ... I mean, we have a holiday tomorrow and I could be in the cavern today ...
If anybody would like 'to do it' today lol, please say so here in this thread ... Otherwise, we'll stay with
tomorrow, that's perfectly ok ... :P
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Today would be fine with me but I was hoping to get a few more people interested by waiting for a day longer. I was also planning to post another notice on the Meeting Place forum (Webpanda) in case any of my neighbors were interested.

I have no more specific testing plans than I mentioned above, maybe D'Lanor has some.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

I'll log in around 11:00 KI time to see who's on and what's up. Will probably be in the new avie; I think the KI # is 81399.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks to all for the fun testing this evening. Esp to Christian for letting us mess up his relto!

Syringa aka Treehugger

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

You are Treehugger ... cool, and yes, I have to agree here, Syringa, this testing was a treat, it was
so awesome and interesting and sheer fun and hilarity ... Thanks all who contributed to this, thanks
a lot to our angel Lawreth who cleared and opened everything again and again behind us lol, and I hope
our programmers and coders will have lots of data and good results and thoroughly tested and ready
made 'fixes' for Cyan ... Have an awesome, relaxing and exciting vacation, rarified ...
See you all soon again... :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks, Christian, for organising this. It was good fun, with good company -- and hopefully useful for checking out ex-bugs and discovering new ones (new to us, anyway).
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Yes, that was a hoot, even though I was only around for a relatively short time! I've been through Teledahn, the Eders, etc., with others before but I think that was the first time I've been in Kadish with a group, so I learned some things about the behaviour of some of the mechanisms there that you couldn't discover on your own :).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”