Minkata Shard Updates

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Tai'lahr

Re: Minkata Shard Updates

Post by Tai'lahr »

So sorry I had to leave before the real fun started, but I did learn something new before I left and it's piqued my curiosity. I did not know that the Ahnonay radar wouldn't recognize avatars if they were in the water until Christian told us. Now, I'm wondering why avatars aren't, but quabs in the water that can be seen are counted on the radar. Is it because the radar is actually looking at the base of the avatar or some other point on them that is out of sight in the water? (Geez, I think I've crossed the point of no return into geekdom with that question. :P )
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

Quabs don't swim, so they're technically still standing on the plates?
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

The radar isn't actually a radar. The landmass is just a bunch of pressure plates with corresponding markers on the "radar."
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Thanks for the explanation, Hoikas. That makes sense because the quabs I saw under the water were actually over land - one on the land bridge to the tower island and the other one on the falls.
rarified

Minkata Shard Update: Tuesday May 22 8pm US/MDT

Post by rarified »

The shard was updated tonight. The game client is unchanged at build #46, but the python game scripts have been updated.

Changes in this update:
  • From D'Lanor: Disable broken bahro stone share symbols
    Share symbols on bahro stones which link to child ages are broken. These are the stones that add links to the city book. Sharing these will send other players to either the public city or to a personal age, but never to the child age.
    Child ages are not intended to be shared, except with neighbors. So the correct fix for this is to disable the share symbol entirely.
New or fixed features that need testing:
  • How to test:
    - Verify that bahro stones that add links to the city book no longer have share symbols.
    - Verify that bahro stones that add links to any other book still have working share symbols.
Thanks for your help.
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I found this PR had come in literally as I was talking with Mark who had just picked up the changes and had started the MOULa build. They are shooting for Tuesday, 5/29, to update and validate MOULa. Mark said since it's a simple change he could do a partial build to include D'Lanor's fix if we could get it tested soon. Spread the word. Hopefully, Christian has the time to move it through if it looks good.
Perfect speed is being there.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Just got my Ping notification ... Kudos to our diligent coders ... Will inspect all the stones today ... :D

Edit: Since the 'alternate Kadish' linking stone is contained in the Kadish book I hope that you considered
within your fixes that this one didn't work entirely, means it wasn't possible to be shared in our latest test
session on Thursday ... :P
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

JWPlatt wrote:They are shooting for Tuesday, 5/29, to update and validate MOULa.
Ah, of course: Memorial Day holiday on 5/28. I guess the inference then is that the next MOULa server reboot is going to be delayed from Monday to Tuesday this time around, rather than being pulled forward to Friday, since I don't imagine they want to restart twice within a few days if they can avoid it.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Dot

Post by Dot »

janaba wrote:Edit: Since the 'alternate Kadish' linking stone is contained in the Kadish book I hope that you considered
within your fixes that this one didn't work entirely, means it wasn't possible to be shared in our latest test
session on Thursday ... :P
It was considered, and D'Lanor has a potential fix, but there might need to be some discussion about what that fix uncovered...
janaba

Post by janaba »

Today I completed the prime ages with my new avi ... everything went well except that I've heard only three
Yeesha speeches when taking the poles and I've heard only one speech when returning them, though she speeks
when you click on her ... :P

With the other avi I checked

- all Bahro stones/linking books which add links to the city book ... They all have no share symbol anymore
except the book in the aquarium linking to Sharper's office, it has a working share symbol

- all Bahro stones/linking books which add links to the ages books ... They all have working share symbols ...
If the Bahro stone to the Kadish pyramid rooftop was there (it isn't) it should also have a share symbol, I checked
this in MOULa ...

I tested the functionality of the share symbols by clicking them, getting the little book icon and then by clicking
again somewhere and thus getting rid of the icon and assuming/hoping that this would work together with another
avi as well ... That's it so far ... :D

Edit: I'd like to add some strange sharable links: First I wonder why the Bahro stones to the balconies in
the Hood (from Kemo and Gahreesen) would need to be shared ... Then I saw that the Nexus book next
to the KI machine in Gahreesen can be shared ... The other Nexus books in the ages are not to be shared btw ...
The book from Sharper's office back to the office with the aquarium also has a share symbol ...

The book to the Kadish gallery in Kadish has no sharing symbol, which is correct, but the book back from
the gallery to Kadish has a share symbol, the one in the Kadish vault has none ... Yeah, I don't really mind
or bother, I just thought I'd mention this ... :)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”