Minkata Shard Updates

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: Minkata Shard Updates

Post by Treehugger »

that makes 3 of us so far who had missing Yeesha speeches....do you remember which age was missing, Janaba?

Well done for your thorough researches of the bahro stones!

Maybe someone can tell us whether we need to check that the share symbols that seem to work actually do work? ie by having two avvies trying them? Janaba has done as much as a single avvie can.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Dot

Post by Dot »

It might be as well, because the Kadish alternative vault book share bug came to light when we did the multiplayer test here the other day.

D'Lanor and I did a bit of pre-testing in Windring shard before the fix was released here, but since the Minkata shard is closer to MOULa it's sensible to check it further on this shard.

I'm hoping that D'Lanor will explain what the problem is with the Kadish vault book -- it is quite intriguing.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I (or rather Syringa) had left by then so I don't know what happened!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Since everyone seemed to have different experiences, means speeches, here, I thought it was irrelevant to
mention them ... As you've been asking I can tell that I've missed the speech in the Eder's Bahro cave while
completing the journeys and Yeesha spoke only once when returning the poles in the Kadish Bahro cave ... :P

As of the share functionality I remembered that on Thursday last week we were not able to get rid of the
little book cursor anymore except by reltoing out and back in, so I assumed when I click the share link and
succeed in removing it by clicking somewhere again it might work, but of course we might be more on the
safe side to test this with more persons involved ... :D
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

janaba wrote: - all Bahro stones/linking books which add links to the city book ... They all have no share symbol anymore
except the book in the aquarium linking to Sharper's office, it has a working share symbol
Thanks for checking the share symbols in linking books as well. This is handled elsewhere so it should be a separate fix. I'm already looking into this. The aquarium linking book has the same "wrong instance" problem as the bahro stones. This will be fixed.
janaba wrote:Edit: I'd like to add some strange sharable links: First I wonder why the Bahro stones to the balconies in
the Hood (from Kemo and Gahreesen) would need to be shared ...
To enjoy the view with non-neighbors I guess. These shares work fine so we can leave them alone.
janaba wrote:Then I saw that the Nexus book next to the KI machine in Gahreesen can be shared ... The other Nexus books in the ages are not to be shared btw ...
This is wrong but it doesn't hurt. The Nexus has its link hardcoded so the sharing will be ignored anyway.
janaba wrote:The book from Sharper's office back to the office with the aquarium also has a share symbol ...
janaba wrote:... but the book back from the gallery to Kadish has a share symbol, the one in the Kadish vault has none ... Yeah, I don't really mind
or bother, I just thought I'd mention this ... :)
Teledahn and Kadish are personal ages so it is correct that they can be shared. From a practical game play point of view that is. If there was ever an IC meaning to sharing I never caught it. My concern is simply mending (or hiding) things that are broken, and I'll gladly leave IC discussions to others. ;)
janaba wrote:As of the share functionality I remembered that on Thursday last week we were not able to get rid of the
little book cursor anymore except by reltoing out and back in, so I assumed when I click the share link and
succeed in removing it by clicking somewhere again it might work, but of course we might be more on the
safe side to test this with more persons involved ... :D
Yes, the alternate vault book has an evil sharing bug. It is missing something in the prp file (share seek behavior for those who know what that means) so it fails miserably and leaves both the sharer and the sharee in a bugged state. We cannot fix that without a content license so for now it is best to disable this share symbol as well. :(
Now for the intriguing part... If the share symbol is removed the book shows a DRC stamp that was hidden underneath. Should that stamp be there? Wasn't the alternate vault supposed to be Yeesha magic?
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Yeesha spoke only once when returning the poles in the Kadish Bahro cave

re the speeches, now you mention it Janaba, I'm not sure I heard ANY when I returned the poles. I'd vaguely thought there should be some, but then when there weren't any, I thought I'd mis-remembered.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Here’s a list of Bahro stones (that I know of) along with their old behavior that I just compiled on my own MOSS server. I haven’t tested the new behavior on Minkata yet, I’m leaving that for tomorrow or for someone else.

Code: Select all

Location                    Destination                 Behavior

Ahnonay Workshop            Lower Bahro Cave            sharable
Er'cana Pellet Dispenser    Upper Bahro Cave            stuck
Teledahn War Shroom         Gahreesen Prison Cell       sharable
Teledahn Niche              Spy Room                    black
Tokotah Alley               Descent                     personal
Ae'gura Library             Kadish Pyramid              sharable
Ferry Terminal              Teledahn Dock               sharable
Baron’s City Office         Teledahn Stump              sharable
Neighborhood Linking Room   Ae'gura                     public
Gira Pool                   Tokotah Rooftop             public
Gahreesen Conference Room   Palace Rooftop              public
Kadish 2nd Scope            Palace Balcony              public
Kemo Statue                 Hood Classroom Rooftop      hood
Gahreesen Locker            Hood Balcony                hood
Legend and expected new behavior:
sharable: sharing works as intended, sharee goes to sharer’s personal instance – Expected new behavior: should continue to work
hood: sharing works as intended, sharee goes to sharer’s neighborhood – Expected new behavior: should continue to work
personal, public: sharee goes to sharer’s personal instance (that sharer themselves cannot reach) or the public city – Expected new behavior: share symbol should be removed
black: sharee links to black screen, may be a MOSS issue, possibly related to age name case; I seem to remember it’s personal on MOULa
stuck: same behavior as the Kadish alternate vault book: sharer is stuck with the book cursor, sharee can’t move – no need for a share symbol on this stone, as it takes everyone to the same instance even without sharing

Edited to mark hood behavior as working as intended
Last edited by Christian Walther on Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Speaking of linking books, I didn't want to overload my testing account, and I didn't know that
you're looking into and considering all of the linking/instancing stuff so extensively atm, D'Lanor,
so I'd like to ask if that linking/instancing from Gira back to Kemo was ever fixed ... :P

Both books have sharing symbols, the one from Kemo to Gira and back, and I remember that
back in the days even in MOUL in the GameTap era (and before) it was not possible to share
those ages correctly ... It was very common and attractive to have gatherings there with those
beautiful day and night cycles before we've had the new Eders, Tsogal and Delin, but whenever
someone tried to link to Eder Kemo they landed in their own instance and had to come back
inconveniently by invitation or so ... :D

Edit: I've tested them all already, Christian ... The Er'cana Bahro stone at the pellet dispenser
to the upper Bahro Cave has a share symbol and worked fine by clicking it and releasing it again
btw ...
Last edited by janaba on Wed May 23, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Christian Walther wrote: Legend and expected new behavior:
personal, hood, public: sharee goes to sharer’s personal instance (that sharer themselves cannot reach), sharer’s neighborhood, or the public city – Expected new behavior: share symbol should be removed
stuck: same behavior as the Kadish alternate vault book: sharer is stuck with the book cursor, sharee can’t move – no need for a share symbol on this stone, as it takes everyone to the same instance even without sharing
I will add the pellet cave bahro stones to the list of share symbols to be removed. As I already said, the "hood" shares work as expected and should stay.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

D'Lanor wrote:I will add the pellet cave bahro stones to the list of share symbols to be removed.
Actually, could you first check what exactly happens when the share symbols are used? I expect that if the age owner shares you'll probably end up in the correct age together just the same. But what happens when a visitor does the sharing? :?

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”