Introductions for Shard Testers

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Sudre

Re: Introductions for Shard Testers

Post by Sudre »

Just saying HI!

I've played some part in testing in the past and figured I'd help here when I can. Not as much free time as I used to have tho.

I'm sure there is a post somewhere about what is wanted in a bug report. I used to take video while testing (FRAPs) along with logs and screen shots... for example.
If there isn't anything maybe consider posting a preferred testing method or just examples of methods.

I always found the video was great for remembering what I was doing and being able to reproduce the bug, typically not needed in the report. It also required a rerun without FRAPs to make sure it wasn't the culprit.

-Sudre

/edit Found the testers instructions... well done by the way. Explains everything clearly.
-Sudre
KI 34739
Gwyn2

Post by Gwyn2 »

Shorah Everyone!

I am testing to help with improvements, knowing that I help to represent people who know little about
computers... your "Average Jill".
I look forward to seeing more people in the game.

Gwyn2 DRC (4) 00014338
Gwyn H DRC (5) 00024162
EccentricOne

Post by EccentricOne »

I'm EccentricOne. I've been excited to test MOULa stuff for awhile (as a couple people may know from talking with me). I love seeing things improve and change behind the scenes. Its often more interesting to me then the final product. I'm one of the people who loved the old "newnexus" Plasma demo and wants Cyan to release DIRT in a similar fashion.

I played through a good chunk of the Minkata shard when it launched. Unfortunately, I have suddenly become pretty busy with other priorites so I have not been able to contribute as I originally planned.

My Minkata KI number is 4724. I'm currently a member of DRC (2).
Lord Chaos

Post by Lord Chaos »

Hi, folks.

I signed up today. There are much beta testas out there than I am, but I can provide a service that Tai thought might be useful: Get people dancing for a stress test! Yeehaw!

So, I'm here. KI #46924

I PMed Rarified on the MOUL forum, but PMs there seem to be rather flaky.
--LC
oldmanjob

Post by oldmanjob »

LC glad to see you have come aboard. I have been here for a while. If you see Kt tell him Rosa is also a tester and brought her dancing shoes with her :lol:
janaba

Post by janaba »

Yeah, slowly but steadily we're all gathering here haha to provide for an even more stable testing ground
and for an increased experience of fun and hilarity ... There is a /startdance and /stopdance (= autodance)
command available on the TOC Shard, maybe this could be implemented and tested here at any one time as well ... :D
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

Yeah, I've been here for a while, but been kinda busy. Shorah everyone :)

Ghaelen (D'Lareh)
KI 1504

Hoping to help in some small way.
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
Joxaren

Post by Joxaren »

Hi!
I'm Frej on Moula and Rudolfson on the mystoneline forums. I tried to change to Joxaren, a Tove Jansson character, but people expected good old Frej.
Old myster yes. But URU came late 2007 just at the end of the Game Tap run. But I'm tenacious.
I hung in there with optimism. I'm very interested in the Open Source development as I lobby to make one of swedens largest organizations interested in using the open source URU in their work.
morwyn

Post by morwyn »

Hi Ho - morwyn here - AKA KBQ in the olden days, Falling Fire on the Minkata shard, KI#00026813.

I'm here because I suffer from UruCD - Uru Compulsive Disorder. I was a week too late for Beta, but I've been around as player, guinea pig and tester since Until Uru. I believe, to date, I've played the game from A to Z* about 2,537 times.

Not that I'm counting.

Actually, I'm just an old slacker who's too slack to leave. ;)
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Bump! This thread seems to have fallen out of use, but with the new round of testing, it looks like we're getting some new testers on board, so I thought it would be a good idea to bring it back up to give them a place to introduce themselves as well as get to know other testers who've already posted here. :)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”