LiveBahroCaves_District_POTScave.prp is Alway Delet[Solved]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: LiveBahroCaves_District_POTScave.prp is Always Deleted

Post by rarified »

I just took the time to dump both manifests and compare them, and found the PhysX_Setup.exe MD5 in ThinExternal was wrong. That definitely would force a retrieval of External and a full scan.

I've updated the ThinExternal manifest and will see if the External fetches stop, as well as see if JW is happier with a faster startup :)

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

w00t! I have two minutes of my life back... per launch! :) Good work!

Note that this doesn't resolve the topic of this thread, but it may avoid it most of the time.

About testing and ThinExternal, I don't think Mac will mind if I quote his well-reasoned point on it:
Mac_Fife wrote:The full update check does take a long time to run, and seriously puts people off from logging back in after a crash: That’s not good for a test environment – you want people testing extensively, not hitting one crash and then saying “I can’t be bothered logging back in tonight.” So I think the thinExternal manifest is the way to go, whatever warts it may have.
Perfect speed is being there.
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Yea, I'm still not able to get on. I get the same error tonight that I did yesterday. No dice.

JW, I'm intrigued into what idea you have for file pulling. Could you enable that like right now, behind Cyan's back, so I can begin testing? :D 8-)
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Trekluver wrote:JW, I'm intrigued into what idea you have for file pulling. Could you enable that like right now, behind Cyan's back, so I can begin testing? :D 8-)
Nope, that's not happening.

I'm convinced you haven't attempted to follow our instruction about deleting the TOS.txt in your MOULa installation, and re-running the Launcher there to get your files refreshed, and then recopying any updated files into your Minkata folders. Do that, and then tell us how you get on.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Sorry Mac, I forgot to mention that. Yes, I did that twice to no avail. However, I can't do it again because my MOULa installation doesn't seam to be replacing the tos.txt file anymore. So yes, I tried it.

BTW, that bit to JW was a joke... I wouldn't want you all to bypass Cyan for nothing; especially if you guys could be in legal high-water.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Trekluver wrote:However, I can't do it again because my MOULa installation doesn't seam to be replacing the tos.txt file anymore.
And that I'm sure is the core of your problem.
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

I'm finally on! The problem was not deleting the tos.txt file. I had some corrupted .dll files in my MOULa installation, so I deleted all the .dll files there and set UruLauncher to administrator to make it work. After the update, I copied the game folders to my Minkata installation and it worked. I'll update the wiki with a more thorough explanation later. Thanks guys.

My Minkata KI number is #34174
Marten

Post by Marten »

Thank you for being persistent about investigating the problem. One of the hardest situations in troubleshooting is when everyone has arrived at "the answer" to a problem... and then it doesn't work for the next person.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Exactly. However, I think my fix may be the one to fix others problems. But I won't put the proverbial 'nail in the coffin' on that one just yet. :)
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

I've updated the wiki with the proper resolution to my specific issue: http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... CWE_Client

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”