Error: File not found on server [Solved]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

ametist

Error: File not found on server [Solved]

Post by ametist »

I have a problem with the downloading I haven't seen mentioned by someone else here, and I had this problem with the Atlantis shard too, I'm sorry though I don't remember how I did solve it.
Here goes: 'Error: File not found on server LiveBahroCaves_District_POTScave.prp.gz' - when looking in the dat-folder the three files ...MINKcave, ....PODScave and ...POTScave have 0kB. I copied those files again from the MOULa dat-folder and pasted them in. Same error occurs anyway.

EDIT: I have windows 7, 32 bit version
Last edited by Mac_Fife on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mark as Solved
Guild member The Devokan Trust
Mac_Fife

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by Mac_Fife »

We've just encountered a similar issue with someone else: Those files obviously shouldn't be 0 bytes long. If the same files in your MOULa dat folder are also 0 bytes long, then they've got corrupted somehow, and re-copying them as they stand won't help.

Unfortunately, due to licensing issues, we're unable to redistibute the files through the Minkata download. What you'll need to do is re-fresh your MOULa files first and then re-copy:
In your MOULa installation folder, delete the tos.txt file and then start MOULa. This will force MOULa to recheck all your files and download any missing/damaged ones. Once you get to the login prompt, the files should be refreshed. Cancel the login and try copying the files to your Minkata installation again.

Edit: I remember that one of the previous Cyan client updates actually caused at least one file related to Bahro caves to be omitted. It's possible, depending on when your MOULa files were last updated, that what you're seeing is a legacy of that issue.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'm a little suspicious that the file updater truncates the destination file before it determines that the file server can fulfill the request. So any mismatching file in the Minkata directory will be truncated to zero after an updater execution if the file could not be served from our server.

Just speculation right now, too busy trying to get the updates ready to look at something else.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
ametist

Post by ametist »

Mac_Fife wrote:We've just encountered a similar issue with someone else: Those files obviously shouldn't be 0 bytes long. If the same files in your MOULa dat folder are also 0 bytes long, then they've got corrupted somehow, and re-copying them as they stand won't help.

Unfortunately, due to licensing issues, we're unable to redistibute the files through the Minkata download. What you'll need to do is re-fresh your MOULa files first and then re-copy:
In your MOULa installation folder, delete the tos.txt file and then start MOULa. This will force MOULa to recheck all your files and download any missing/damaged ones. Once you get to the login prompt, the files should be refreshed. Cancel the login and try copying the files to your Minkata installation again.

Edit: I remember that one of the previous Cyan client updates actually caused at least one file related to Bahro caves to be omitted. It's possible, depending on when your MOULa files were last updated, that what you're seeing is a legacy of that issue.
Thank you Mac_Fife, I have now fixed it by installing on another computer with XP on :D , working perfect!
In my MOULa folder on my win 7 -machine I have no TOS.txt, so I checked that I had the latest files by logging in to MOULa and thereafter copied those files and pasted them into my Minkata-folder. But when trying to launch the installer gave me the same Error-message.
rarified

Post by rarified »

ametist wrote:Thank you Mac_Fife, I have now fixed it by installing on another computer with XP on :D , working perfect!
In my MOULa folder on my win 7 -machine I have no TOS.txt, so I checked that I had the latest files by logging in to MOULa and thereafter copied those files and pasted them into my Minkata-folder. But when trying to launch the installer gave me the same Error-message.
Ametist, I still think the issue is as Mac describes. On my Windows 7 MOULa installation, the files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Uru Live\. And there is a TOS.txt file there. The reason for asking about TOS.txt is that when it is present the game doesn't check the contents of all the files on your computer to save time starting the game. Removing TOS.txt will cause the game to actually read each file that is part of the game and compare it to the contents of the files on the server. Any files that don't match are reloaded from the server. Including TOS.txt. And if you didn't have the TOS.txt file on your Win7 box, the "Terms of Service" popup that appears after you log into MOULa would be blank.

The files being checked are in the dat, avi, and sfx folders. The ones needed by the Minkata shard are exactly those used by MOULa.

If the Windows 7 machine still appears to not have or download the TOS file, would it be possible for you to copy the MOULa folders from your XP machine to the Windows 7 machine, perhaps using a USB flash drive? That might get you going on your Win7 machine.
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
ametist

Post by ametist »

Thanks, just did what you suggest here rarified :) , so now it's running fine on my win7. Cleft and Teledahn working as supposed too, so far so good.
And I have no clue why I don't have a TOS.txt in that original MOULa installation, perhaps I've deleted it sometime when I tried the Atlantis shard, I don't know. It works anyway :) -

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”