Phil's Relto Problems

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

D'Lanor

Re: Minkata test shard -- discussions and questions

Post by D'Lanor »

Marten wrote:That way you could test "Are SDL variables for this age working?"
The window shutters are working fine and they show up correctly at re-linking. So at least when modified in-game the SDL variables work.

However, when you configure the AllAgeGlobalSDL...etc. on the server you are modifying the age vault instead of the age SDL state, isn't it? In an ideal world these should synch automatically, but could it be that the difference in names is throwing off the MOSS synching routine?
rarified

Post by rarified »

D'Lanor wrote:However, when you configure the AllAgeGlobalSDL...etc. on the server you are modifying the age vault instead of the age SDL state, isn't it? In an ideal world these should synch automatically, but could it be that the difference in names is throwing off the MOSS synching routine?
That would impact state changes from within the game, but here we're setting the global SDL which should be fetched by all clients, right?
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Still no sign of Phil's vest, but at 15:18 Ki time the Ferry tunnel and Takotah alley Bahro stones were both showing in the public city. So at least I'm now conviced that the Ferry Tunnel one does appear in the public instance!
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Mac_Fife wrote:... but at 15:18 Ki time the Ferry tunnel and Takotah alley Bahro stones were both showing in the public city. So at least I'm now conviced that the Ferry Tunnel one does appear in the public instance!
Ok, so I'll close any bugs related to that. The *Chance variables are now set at 33%.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

rarified wrote:That would impact state changes from within the game, but here we're setting the global SDL which should be fetched by all clients, right?
But what happens with the global SDL value once it has been fetched by the client? Is it stored in the age vault or in the age SDL state?
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

rarified wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:However, when you configure the AllAgeGlobalSDL...etc. on the server you are modifying the age vault instead of the age SDL state, isn't it? In an ideal world these should synch automatically, but could it be that the difference in names is throwing off the MOSS synching routine?
That would impact state changes from within the game, but here we're setting the global SDL which should be fetched by all clients, right?
D'Lanor's closer -- the global SDL is merged in automatically by the server (and not ever looked at by clients). The thought that a case mismatch was causing this process to miss the global change was exactly the final point of my previous wrong theory. There may still be something going wrong with it somewhere, and it seems likely since this age with the mismatched names is affected while others are not apparently affected.

One minor point, and this is getting farther away from the shard discussion itself, there are actually three pieces of state, the age state D'Lanor referred to as working, the "age vault" D'Lanor referred to, AND the global state. MOSS merges them all. I received a note last night that an error was happening loading the "age vault" state due to the case mismatch, but as that particular state should never be changed away from default in this particular age I doubt that's the bug. Not sure yet, though; I'm quite open to possibility at this stage...
oldmanjob

Post by oldmanjob »

I have not been able to get to Phil's Relto, with any of my avies either through the linking stone book or going the long way around through teledahn. When I get out of the game I get the message that it is a SDL Disk Problem.
ametist

Post by ametist »

Same experience here, this is the logfile :

Guild member The Devokan Trust
Gwyn2

Problem linking to Phil's Relto

Post by Gwyn2 »

Hi everyone! I'm not sure where to post this, but the only problem so far is crashing to desktop while trying to link
into Phil's Relto. It just happened & last night (before scheduled maintenance) it happened twice.

Gwyn2
Gwyn H
Last edited by JWPlatt on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged from "Problem linking to Phil's Relto"
rarified

Post by rarified »

Thanks... I'll look at it when I get home in a couple of hours.

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”