Stress Test set for February 18th

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

4runner

Re: Stress Test set for February 18th

Post by 4runner »

When running Delin door run, every one rushed in and it took forever for every one to finally link out. I was the last one to be able to link then I got stuck in limbo. My link never finished, I didn't get any errors, but just stuck with a black screen, cursor still worked. I ended up cntrl-alt-del and quit game. Didn't try to get back in. It was time for supper.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Leighana got it right with her assumption, and Marten is partially right as well in blaming Uru's
lack of real widescreen support, but it isn't as bad as in Uru CC ... I don't realize that very much
in MOULa, the ages and environments and the ambience are just too beautiful and I think Fraps
is doing a great job in transmitting just that ... :D

I'm sorry to hear that, 4runner as we did several runs for the ones that experienced the
same like you ... Having supper is good, sometimes more important even, and 4runner
this was the first but certainly not the last stress test or gathering for whatever reason ... :P
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

4runner wrote:When running Delin door run, every one rushed in and it took forever for every one to finally link out. I was the last one to be able to link then I got stuck in limbo. My link never finished, I didn't get any errors, but just stuck with a black screen, cursor still worked. I ended up cntrl-alt-del and quit game. Didn't try to get back in. It was time for supper.
I was certainly not amongst the first to rush towards the link spot at the back of the cave, but when I did so I linked immediately. At that time several others were stuck there. It may have something to do with your connection to the server.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

sorry to have missed the door run but given the way the server had it in for me (trying to keep me out of Ae'gura, indeed!), I'd have been bound to get stuck like 4runner.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Well, all things considered, I believe we can call this event a successful stress test! :D

Thank you, rarified for hosting it. Thank you, Lord Chaos for providing not only the music for atmosphere, but also relaying instructions from rarified which I can imagine was a most difficult job. But, without it, I'm sure we would have been trapped in limbo for longer periods of time waiting for others to quit the game so the server could be restarted.

And, thank you very, very much to all the testers who participated and followed the directions so well. We were able to get all three parts tested: multiple avatars linking to multiple ages all at once; packing the city and later the neighborhood (& egg room) with multiple avatars, and even door runs! (Special thanks to the door callers.) The cohesiveness among the testers in accomplishing these things was truly a thing of beauty. You were all awesome and I hope each and every one of you plans to return for the next test.

And, a special thank you to Annabelle for creating three marker quests specifically for this test. Unfortunately, they weren't working for some people, but rarified made a patch and I tested one of them last night and they should be working fine, now. I just got a small sample, but it looks like a lot of fun, so I encourage everyone to try them out when you get a chance. Thank you, Annabelle for all the hard work you put into creating these quests; I hope everyone gets a chance to try them out.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Great, Tai'lahr ... This also just inspired me to go and try Annabelle's marker mission again
and I couldn't wait to come back here to tell you, dearest Annabelle, that they work ... /cheer ... :D

I'm just playing and very much enjoying mine, the 'Run & Grab' one ... Thank you so much
for your great effort and passion that went into this ... I never knew how you do it as they're
mostly to challenging for me lol, but when you're preparing them all in this way, then that is
really a very amazing and impressing effort ... just wow ... Many thanks again ... :P
Spoiler
4runner

Post by 4runner »

Has the Phil's relto sparkie been fixed. I was on earlier and it wasn't there.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I see on janaba's picture that my quest is finally working fine!

:D Many thanks to Rarified to have fixed them

I forgot to put a ticket yesterday night... I preferred chatting with HenryMikel instead :lol:

Thank you very much to all explorers who will try at least "Run & Grab". I sent to a choosen few the 2 other quests. I hope they will play them as well. I want to see if they have the same issues as me for some advance techniques.

Thank to Tai'lahr and janaba for your kind words.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”