MOULa Update, Feb 13, 2012

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Mac_Fife

MOULa Update, Feb 13, 2012

Post by Mac_Fife »

You're probably well aware that we're expecting an update on MOULa during the regular maintenance downtime on Monday.

As there will be a change to game content as part of this update (a secondary part of the Minkata sparlie fix), your Minkata Shard installations will need to be updated too. This will mean copying the changed content files over from your MOULa installation into the Minkata installation, similar to what you had to do when you first installed Minkata. However, this time you should only need to copy a few files, not whole directories.

As soon as we know what the affected files are we'll post a note here to make things easier.

What you'll need to do:
1. Update MOULa. Note: You should not need to delete the tos.txt file for this update. Simply launch MOULa, allow it to update and get to the login screen. That will get you any updated files.
2. Refer to the list we'll post, and copy (don't "move") those files into the equivalent folders in your Minkata shard folder.

That should be you ready!
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Re: MOULa Update, Feb 13, 2012

Post by Mac_Fife »

Given that the update has affected well over 100 files, I'd suggest that the easiest way for most people to update their Minkata installation will be to copy the entire dat folder (and only the dat folder) from their updated MOULa install to their Minkata shard install.

However, don't copy anything just yet. Once rarified has new manifest files available for the shard we'll post again to let you know when we're back in sync with MOULa. In the meantime you can continue to use the shard :) .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

I wonder why the Cyan build process updates so many files that have nothing to do with what we tested here and provided to them. :?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I asked Chogon about that when I saw the update. "There is a random bit in some files that cause re-downloads" - they never figured out where it was. Good issue on which to raise a ticket. ;)
Perfect speed is being there.
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

Over 100? That doesn't make the slightest sense... How many exactly?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

135 files in the dat folder.
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

The shard has now been updated with new manifests that match the build 905 files from MOULa. You must copy updated files from your MOULa dat folder to your Minkata game area in order to use the Minkata shard.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
charura

Post by charura »

Okay. I copied the dat folder from Moul(a) to Minkata. All is good! One question though....The welcome screen still says UruLive.Live 1.902? Is that okay?
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yes, that's fine. It's a side effect of not having a Minkata-specific build number in the code. I probably will do something different the next update, but for now it should work fine for you.
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

JWPlatt wrote:I asked Chogon about that when I saw the update. "There is a random bit in some files that cause re-downloads" - they never figured out where it was. Good issue on which to raise a ticket. ;)
WHAT!? I know exactly where it is. Here:

Code: Select all

diff -r 2e5a53a35b5f MOULOpenSourceClientPlugin/Plasma20/Sources/Plasma/PubUtilLib/plFile/plEncryptedStream.cpp
--- a/MOULOpenSourceClientPlugin/Plasma20/Sources/Plasma/PubUtilLib/plFile/plEncryptedStream.cpp        Thu Apr 21 14:33:35 2011 -0700
+++ b/MOULOpenSourceClientPlugin/Plasma20/Sources/Plasma/PubUtilLib/plFile/plEncryptedStream.cpp        Tue Feb 21 08:14:01 2012 -0800
@@ -404,7 +404,7 @@
                }

for (int i = amtRead; i < kEncryptChunkSize; i++)
-                       buf[i] = rand();
+                       buf[i] = 0;

IEncipher((UInt32*)&buf);

Do this, and while the next MOULa update will differ again, no more will after that.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”