A strange quest: 25 markers for a quiet night in Relto

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

sut

Re: A strange quest: 25 markers for a quiet night in Relto

Post by sut »

OK I just got the game for my 2nd born! still not sure what activated it, but I can tell you I didn't do anything fancy! and this is a list of what I have done in last 2 days of trying to activate it. got fireworks in relto ,completed Minkata and got doughnut,(didn't get soccer ball ) made small marker game ,have all but lightning page , loaded 4 pictures to imager (relto ) , got pod 1st 1/4 doughnut (tetsonot ) When I loged in this morning the game was there . Looks like I need to do 1 thing at a time to see what actually triggers it !
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I think Tai'lahr's thoughts on this (post on previous page) are worth thinking about - that it may not be related to completing some certain portion(s) of the game, but something simpler but a lot less obvious to track: Perhaps the number of times you do a run-jump, or the number of times you use the wave emote, or some other "normal" action (or combination of actions) that you wouldn't particularly be able to keep track of. Of course, I'd probably want to factor in having completed the GZ calibration as a qualifying requirement too, so that you could at least make use of the marker game.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Post by janaba »

Maybe it is the completion of the initial two marker quests to be completed to
be able to create and receive self-made marker quests like the one in question ... :D

What Mac and Tai suggest sounds plausible too ... To have the Great Zero calibrated isn't
necessary though ... I didn't and got that marker quest twice already ... I just see Mac posting as I write ... :mrgreen:
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Charura and I have just demonstrated that it's triggered by
Spoiler
island hopping off relto

but you may have to
Spoiler
have your fireworks
first

Thanks for your help, Charura, it was good being able to exchange experiences! :lol: :D

Edit - I wonder how many are strong-willed enough not to peep at the spoilers!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
charura

Post by charura »

Just verified!!! You need to
Spoiler
complete both initial marker missions
then
Spoiler
go island hopping in Relto
Nothing else is required! Verfied by using another avvie that had nothing but the cleft completed.
Thanks Treehugger for getting me started in the right direction, instead of kicking cones into the fountain. :lol:
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

well done charura, what a team we made! :D And I see your visit was all thanks to the MOULa server going down yet again. ;)

(Treehugger in Minkata)
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Even with your method it seems random. I had to try this many times before I received the game. Then I deleted the game and tried to replicate the behavior. I never received the game again. :(

Next I peeked into the server code... :oops: If the comments there are correct (and not intended to mislead the overly curious) I can see why your method works, even though that is not quite the thing which triggers it. ;) I still don't understand the randomness though.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

aha, so we've not quite nailed it yet? :roll: :lol: My avvie that has the fissure open on her relto doesn't seem to qualify for the game even though she has done the things we suggest several times. (all my other avvies now have it). I thought that maybe there were some additional conditions after all. But perhaps this is the random factor you mention, D'lanor? :lol:

(Treehugger in Minkata)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”