instructions for osx

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Joxaren

instructions for osx

Post by Joxaren »

Hi!
I test use MINKATA on an old laptop, but would really like to test from my iMac. Anyone using wine care to supply info on how to get it running? Also is it possible to use the old cider wrapper for MOUL that I currently use for MOULa?
Thanks
/ :)
Deledrius

Re: instructions for osx

Post by Deledrius »

I've made some directions for running Gehn Shard on OSX, which should work for Minkata as well (I've used it to make one for connecting to MOULa). You'll just need to use the usual Minkata steps for set-up instead of the Gehn installer in the second part.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

The MOUL Cider wrapper works for Minkata too. I generally use that one because, while I haven’t tried Wine lately, it used to give me better graphics quality and frame rate than Wine.

The procedure is the same as for MOULa: Get the wrapper from GameTap (http://archives.gametap.com/static/uru- ... _setup.dmg), put all the files into Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/ , replacing the MOUL ones there (in this case, this includes the whole dat folder, as it can’t be downloaded from the server), and once you’re fully updated and able to log in, fix the server status URL as described here, only using the Minkata one http://foundry.openuru.org/serverstatus/moullive.php.

If you need more detailed instructions, just ask.
Joxaren

Post by Joxaren »

Okidoki
Thanks!

Now I just have some problems using windows...
No no no I will troubleshoot it first.
branan

Post by branan »

The only reason Minkata works in the Gametap wrapper is because the build is fairly close to Cyan's. Other shards will likely not be using VS2003 and the other old libraries, and thus will not work in the GT cider wrapper. Deledrius tried it for Gehn.

I personally think it's a bad idea to encourage using it for any MOUL shard at this point, since it's better to have one set of instructions for configuring shards on a Mac.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”