Standing Jumps (split from Minkata Shard Updates)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Annabelle

Re: Standing Jumps (split from Minkata Shard Updates)

Post by Annabelle »

Deledrius wrote
...A game about exploration...
Don't tell me that :lol: What do you think I'm doing 100% of my online time?

Like most of the skydivers, I prefer hard techniques.

A nice story that just a few can remember...

We were mapping a whole part of the COD, all the portion between canyon river and lake on the left side of the Great Stairs (stalagmite range with Concert Hall & Gallery inside it).

We were doing exploration. We were full time there. It was awesome. You had to be real fast, turn quick, do double jumps at 200 feet above ground, one misstep you were heading back to the normal grounds... It was fun, there was something going on. This stalagmite range is not "fully" patched so there are holes everywhere, invisible holes, we were having fun. We spend hours there!

Then, one day, after an update, came the "easy" climbing techniques. The result.... We deserted that area completely. It's not anymore exploration, it's a stroll in the park on a sunday afternoon.

I go on TOC on rare occasions. I go there spend 30 minutes do the whole complete tour of COD going EVERYWHERE with ease. Log off... and telling myself...I miss the good old days!!! "old" here is just in February even March 2012!!!
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
MustardJeep

Post by MustardJeep »

Hehe........never could manage sky diving.

I'm a little jealous.

FYI you just gave me a rather terrible idea to try on poor unsuspecting players if I ever get server and story running.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Has anyone seen the new standing jump? A person could get whiplash if not worse the way the upper body and head come down. :?
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

@PeterC:

this animation sequence has nothing to do with the recent changes.

The Huru team (correct me here if i'm mistaken) worked only on debugging the MOUL scripts that "somehow" disallowed the animation sequence to occur.

Before the recent update, we did land (on walk jumps, on run jumps) and kneel (on stand jumps) without any animation sequence.

I don't think they can fiddle with the animation sequence to prevent a "whiplash"... I never saw an avatar with a neck collar yet :lol: ;)
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Me wrote this
The Kneeling Effect's Wheel of Prediction

by Annabelle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I was online today on Minkata and I was doing some jumping here and there. (Unbelievable isn't it? )

All of the sudden I realized that I could predict the next kneeling effect depending on where I was heading to. Since the last update on Minkata shard & already on Gehn & TOC MOUL shards, we can kneel down on landing. There's 2 behaviours:

1st) what a call a "small kneel": you just break with the right foot & kneel just a little bit

2nd) what a call a "complete kneel": you break with a big intensity, your upper body goes all the way to a nearly horizontal state before coming back

What you might not know is that it's linked with the direction where you are heading to. This can be done & prove in any age on any shard where the kneeling effect is enable. (For now, only MOULa has it disable)

Looking at the following picture, you'll see clearly that half of the circle is populated with single markers therefore it's less bright. The other half is populated with piled up markers making them looking more bright. The centre brightest spot is the start. I've done only run-jump from the same exact spot and the circle is where I landed. The brightest spots (piled up markers) represent the "complete kneel". The dimmest spots (single markers) represent the "small kneel".

BTW, My quest is called "Kneeling Effect Wheel". It's a shareable quest made on Minkata shard (Sunday, April 15th)
I was testing tonight the built 1.912 on MOULa. <--- Yes I somewhat mixed up my builts and while "thinking" I was on the skydiving built I was somehow on the built 1.912 :lol: even me can do goofy things ;).

So anyway the point is that the "Wheel of prediction" is not as clear as the one I pointed out 180 degrees YES 180 degrees NO but there's difference in kneeling on stand jumps and landing on walk/run-jumps depending in which direction you are looking at while performing this.

Even more strange than that. On stand jumps, if you can kneel right let say on an array of 180 degrees at a given coordinates, moving 4 feet from there, let's say to the right, you will on the new spot kneel right on an array of only 45 degrees. If you go 4 feet away to the left instead, you won't kneel right at all on all the circumference (360 degrees). Same goes with landing on walk/run-jumps.

As per testing on 1.912, I do respect the intended behaviours so "kneeling right" means kneeling with a animation movement that show the avatar kneeling opposed to "kneeling wrong" without any animation at all. Same thing with the landing. "Landing right" means that the avatar's right leg will absorb the shock, "landing wrong" means the avatar will land smack on one point with any shock absorption.

It should be prospected to help consistency in animation effect for future builts. (BTW, I will still test the new builts and any modifications to physics. We got back what we wanted: a built tailored for skydiving. It doesn't interfere with helping the rest of community to track bugs and eventually get rid of them, just saying :) )

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”