problem jumping into the fissure

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

problem jumping into the fissure

Post by Treehugger »

It took three tries before I managed to get to the Cleft. The first two jumps into the fissure just brought me back to Relto. Admittedly, I had been messing around including going off somewhere else with the fissure open and then coming back to Relto before trying to jump in.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Tai'lahr

Re: problem jumping into the fissure

Post by Tai'lahr »

Odd, that should only happen if you jump into someone else's fissure. Leaving it open and returning later shouldn't make a bit of difference. With some of my avatars, I've left the fissure open (visited the cleft, but never used the code to get the cleft book) and was able to use the fissure to return there any time I wanted.

Be sure to submit a ticket on it.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

thanks, I will submit a ticket, I've checked the log and found the three attempts!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

This is still a common bug. It is related to latency. You touched the Relto panic link region before the server was able to send the confirmation for your link to the desert. Panic linking doesn't require any server confirmation so it is executed first.

This mostly affects people on satellite internet or those who are far away from the server (on MOULa that would be upside downers in Australia or New Zealand). Or the server could simply have a slow day.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”