A few suggestions...

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

manloc

Re: A few suggestions...

Post by manloc »

Ok... I'll try to explain.
(I haven't do because I'm french and I don't speak english very well... "Google Translation" sometimes help me but not each time...)

0)* You read the game's manual (witch must be add to the installation folder) using a desktop's shortcut, to learn how the game works.
1) You launch the game.
2) You create your 1st avatar, customize it and clicking on "Explore Uru" (I'm not sure these are the correct words).
3) A little window ("popup"?) appear (same window while you delete a book from your bookshelf) asking :
Have you played this game before?
YES / NO
- Answering NO: The game begin in The Cleft.
- Answering YES: Another window appear asking if you want to begin in The Cleft or in The Relto.

4) You play the game a few minutes (or more ;) ) and quiting.
5) The next time you launch the game: You choose your 1st avatar and don't see "popup" window ; the game starts with the gameplay you've choose the 1st time.
(If you have answered "NO" or choose to begin at The Cleft, have complete it and link to The Relto: You start the game in The Relto.
6) If you quiting the game and launch it again for creating a new avatar : The "popup" windows are here again.

The bad thing with that, is there must be 2 different gameplay...
a) With the begining in The Cleft (see my 1st post).
b) With the begining in The Relto (actual gameplay).
You have to choose the gameplay you want when you create your avatar.

* I know a lot of people don't like reading manuals...
For example, I have a nephew (teenager) who do not read them, and then he asks me "How does it works?".
The same goes for some adults "mature".
It tends to irritate me...
If they never read, why they learned to read?
janaba

Post by janaba »

JWPlatt wrote:For a somewhat more ultimate and perhaps unattainable alternative, see this thread: ;)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11 (Community Project: The Great Shaft)
I was reading through this yesterday and was stunned ... :geek:

And I believe those ideas are being intuitively spreading through the community atm ... :P

Eleri has posted a link to some awesome pictures and ideas on the MOUL forums pointing
to a thread called 'Interface for Open Source Uru Live' which is offering incredible awesome
solutions to that matter ...

Lyrositor posted a link to Tweek's alternative proposal mentioned above by JWPlatt which
is extensively and very beautifully described and illustrated ... Ahhh, one can dream ... :D
manloc

Post by manloc »

janaba wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:For a somewhat more ultimate and perhaps unattainable alternative, see this thread: ;)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11 (Community Project: The Great Shaft)
I was reading through this yesterday and was stunned ... :geek:

And I believe those ideas are being intuitively spreading through the community atm ... :P

Eleri has posted a link to some awesome pictures and ideas on the MOUL forums pointing
to a thread called 'Interface for Open Source Uru Live' which is offering incredible awesome
solutions to that matter ...

Lyrositor posted a link to Tweek's alternative proposal mentioned above by JWPlatt which
is extensively and very beautifully described and illustrated ... Ahhh, one can dream ... :D
Ok. I've look and read.
(Quickly, because I don't understand every English words ; but I think I've understand the ideas.)
These are great ideas and I love them!

But... There will be too many difficulties to put them in the actual game, by now. Perhaps a day...

For now, I don't mind the dual gameplay (only for related Ages) be too hard to put in the game.

I'm not a programer, but I'd like to becomes one...
I'm learning informatical things by myself, step by step.
Actually, I'm rebuilding my website... Making a new version. (Sorry, it's a "french" little website. :roll: )
When it will be completely build, I'll try to begin a program build...

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”