Error on Loading

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

sut

Re: Error on Loading

Post by sut »

Well I got the same error this morning after the update was complete, Grr ! so I went and looked at my dat folder and for some reason my path was this E:\open uru\dat\dat\dat\dat I have no Idea how it happened but I must of made a mistake copying the files from Moula so I deleted them all and re copied the folder from Moula all is fine now
Marten

Post by Marten »

Hurray, I can get in!
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Eleri

Post by Eleri »

I am getting the same error, and this is a new, clean install of Minkata. Downloaded the installer, installed to its own directory, started launcher.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Eleri wrote:I am getting the same error, and this is a new, clean install of Minkata. Downloaded the installer, installed to its own directory, started launcher.
You haven't created the directory inside "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" on a Vista/Win 7 machine have you? Those versions of Windows get quite grumpy about applications that update themselves in those folders unless they're expressly set to Run as Administrator. I usually advocate installing MOUL/Minkata/whatever almost anywhere else except there.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

Mac_Fife wrote:
Eleri wrote:I am getting the same error, and this is a new, clean install of Minkata. Downloaded the installer, installed to its own directory, started launcher.
You haven't created the directory inside "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" on a Vista/Win 7 machine have you? Those versions of Windows get quite grumpy about applications that update themselves in those folders unless they're expressly set to Run as Administrator. I usually advocate installing MOUL/Minkata/whatever almost anywhere else except there.
Installing games (especially MMOs) to their own Games folder is a good solution, IME.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Did you update MOULa (by starting it up) before you copied the files from there to your Minkata folder?
mcbeam

Post by mcbeam »

I don't know bout you guys (still can't get into mankata) you always tink it's just you !
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

@ McBeam:

The server will be down for a little while. They are down since June 23rd.

Physically, the server is not functional at the time I'm writing the post. The hard drives are not in their respective slots. Look at this thread to know why:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=791
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”