Minkata Shard Downtime Saturday, 2012.06.16 4pm US/Mountain

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Minkata Shard Downtime Saturday, 2012.06.16 4pm US/Mount

Post by rarified »

charura wrote:Did the copy / paste dat folder..no luck getting in... tried copy /paste avi dat and sfx folders.... still no luck getting in.. hangs on connecting to server
The server is saying (as closely as I can guess when you were trying) that files in your dat folder are not up to date.

Could you make sure your new files did not get put into a dat folder inside your existing dat folder? If there is a dat folder inside of the old dat folder, you need to go into the "inside" dat folder, select and "cut" all the existing files, go back up to the original dat folder, and paste the files. You likely will need to approve overwriting existing files (select "yes for all files" if this prompt is given).

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
charura

Post by charura »

there was a dat folder inside the existing dat folder..I cut and re-pasted the new inside that folder but same results...Should I delete the dat folder in Minkata and paste the new one from MOUL(a)?
rarified

Post by rarified »

charura wrote:there was a dat folder inside the existing dat folder..I cut and re-pasted the new inside that folder but same results...Should I delete the dat folder in Minkata and paste the new one from MOUL(a)?
Yes, that's the simpler step, but will take a little longer.

_R
charura

Post by charura »

It seems maybe the server is down?

First I get this....

Then In about 10 seconds...this....

Strange..I went back to the original e-mail and I get this...
rarified

Post by rarified »

charura wrote:It seems maybe the server is down?
The server is up (the last client I see in Minkata was about an hour ago). Sounds like there may be a networking problem between your machine and the server.

You should have been able to view the web page you visited. I'm afraid all I can suggest is either waiting and trying in a little while, or going through the trouble of restarting your computer and perhaps your network router to see if that might clear up a transient problem.

If you are the client I have been following on the server logs, you use RoadRunner for your internet... is that correct?

Keep trying to visit one of the foundry web pages. When you can get there (try the home page http://foundry.openuru.org) you are getting to the server, and should try the game client again.

_R
charura

Post by charura »

yes roadrunner is correct..I'm able to go everywhere else including posting here but this is where I run into a bit of a snag

My E-mail tells me to:

Please go to the download page for instructions on downloading and installing
the client: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/download.php

then I get that last pic you saw

*Edit* seems all is good again....I'll try to delete the existing installation and re-install using the same protocol I used in the past...Will keep you posted here..."Goin' in"

*Edit #2* now the shard works just fine without doing anything..I don't know...weird things just seem to happen to me..lol

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”