Question about getting started

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Nathan2055

Question about getting started

Post by Nathan2055 »

Hello, I would like to get started testing on the Minkata shard, could someone tell me how to and what needs testing? Thanks!
Nathan2055 (01307567) or Nathan2055_ (KI number pending) on MO:ULagain
JWPlatt

Re: Question about getting started

Post by JWPlatt »

Cool. As a start:

Look at Minkata instructions in the announcement section of this forum.
Subscribe to the "PING!" thread in this forum to get notices of updates via email.
The PING! thread has links to more detailed posts about updates and testing instructions. Look through the most recent posts to find the most relevant links.
Look through Tai'lahr's "Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms) " just below the PING! thread.
Perfect speed is being there.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Welcome aboard, Nathan! :)

All the instructions JW gave you can be found in one place which is the last item on his list: Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms).
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Also note that there is currently nothing new to test on Minkata. It currently matches MOULa in terms of features, since the last contributions tested on Minkata have been accepted into MOULa in the meantime. That will hopefully change in – going out on a limb – a few weeks. Of course it doesn’t hurt to continue testing the things that were new in the past few updates though, by just playing the game.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Christian, are you sure? I think there are one or two things that can be tested which are not on MOULa yet. For example these highly anticipated fixes:
- Allow clickables to function while sitting or AFK
- Fix various JPEG issues
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Oops, you are right. I forgot that the 912 update also included a client update (which I even mentioned myself in the planning post I linked to :oops:). These two are indeed the user-visible features included in it. They were never specifically advertised (with testing instructions) in an update notice though. I guess the intention was to do that at the next update, to make a neat package for testers.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”